Dutch Fork Elementary
Academy of Environmental Sciences - Week of December 14 -
- We believe all people deserve to feel safe, valued, and loved.
- We believe all children are naturally curious about the world around them.
- We believe learning is a social process.
- We believe inquiry fosters a culture of noticing and questioning.
- We believe in learning from authentic primary and secondary sources.
- We believe in learning from multiple perspectives.
- We believe in encouraging learners to take risks.
- We believe reflection should lead to change and growth.
- We believe reflection should lead to social action.
- We believe our actions should be aligned with our beliefs.
DFES Academic Goals 2015-2016
- By the conclusion of the 2015-2016 school year 65% of 2nd-5th graders will meet or exceed their spring MAP reading growth goal.
- By the conclusion of the 2015-2016 school year DFES homeroom teachers will have received a minimum of 10 hours of environmental sciences professional development to build teacher capacity and support magnet theme implementation.
DFES Highlights from last week!
5th grade strings students displaying their talents.
Trinity C. reading to her mother during our book club celebration.
5th grade chorus rendering a selection.
Doremus and students investigating tools they will use as ichthyologists.
Gibson students taken on the identity of coders (computer scientists).
J. Sparkman's students sharing stories they recently authored and illustrated.
Thanks for a remarkable first semester to begin this school year. Looking forward to an even better second semester.
Reminder that jeans can be worn all week for those that participated in the United Way campaign. See you all tomorrow.