Week of April 4, 2016
- We completed our Cereal Box presentations, and offered recommendations for our historical fiction novels.
- We began sharing our BrainPOP powerpoints and videos on Black Sunday, informing our viewers about Black Sunday.
- We worked in small groups to identify key ideas of our novels, Island of the Blue Dolphins and True Confession of Charlotte Doyle; we compiled a list of interesting words found in our novels.
- We identified examples of figurative language in our novels and in our new read-aloud about Julia Child.
- We had the opportunity to familiarize ourselves with the devices we will use to take the PARCC assessment.
We had a great day at Mount Vernon!
Julia Child: An Extraordinary Life in Words and Pictures
Looking ahead to next week...
Tuesday--8:00 AM SCA Meeting
D.E.A.R. Day: bring your favorite book to share with a second grade student
Thursday--8:00 AM Green Team Meeting
Erin Hagar visits: 10:00 Assembly; afternoon classroom visits
Friday--We will celebrate Julia Child by bringing in foods made using Julia Child's recipes
*This is a voluntary activity
*Please select a recipe that does not contain peanuts
*Please bring in a copy of the recipe
- Wordly Wise 17D due Tuesday
- Note cards for Wordly Wise List 17 due Thursday
- Spelling test on Friday
- Wordly Wise Test next Tuesday, April 19
- We will continue reading our novels. Chapters to be determined throughout the week.
Wordly Wise List 17