Wild Rose Elementary
October 5, 2022
This newsletter at a glance:
- Results of Write A Check Campaign
- Label Student Clothing
- Lost and Found
- Friday Night: Kick-a-Thon
- Safety Reminders
- Walk to School Day
- Scholastic Book Fair
- PTO September Newsletter
- D303 LRC Newsletter
- 1st Grade Fall Concert
- Volleyball Clinic
- Saints Dance Team - Halloween Bash
- Community Backpack
- D303 Across the Board
Chess Club 2nd - 5th Grade Registration
We’ll meet in the Wild Rose Community Room and then move to the fifth-grade classrooms from 3:00 – 4:00 pm on the following Thursdays:
Oct. 20, Nov. 17, Dec. 15, Jan. 19, Feb. 16, Mar. 16, Apr. 20
Registration will be open September 30th - October 7th.
To Register: Please go to store.d303.org and select Wild Rose under the schools heading. Then type Chess Club in the search box at the top of the page. Click on customize and choose: $10.00 (snack only) or $15.00 (snack and t-shirt) and add the item to your cart. Then checkout at the top right corner of the page. This will bring you back to PushCoin to pay for your purchase. Please contact the Wild Rose School Office for more information: 331-228-3000.
Late registrations will NOT be accepted.
The Wild Rose BOO-ktacular Event is coming soon!
Fall Celebrations and Halloween Costume Guidelines
Celebrations in classrooms will begin at 1:45 PM. Volunteers for classrooms can arrive at 1:00 to set up and help classroom teachers prepare for the parade.
There will be no food at any of the celebrations at school.
Costumes will be put on in the afternoon prior to the parade.
- No fake weapons allowed at school
- No scary, blood, gory or costumes that encourage violence
- Costumes must be appropriate for school
- No scary masks or scary make-up
- Blow up costumes are allowed, but students will be asked to deflate their costume in order to participate in classroom activities.
If you feel your costume is questionable for school, I would trust your feelings and choose something different. If you have any questions you can always call the office and ask.
Thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to a fun day.
Thank you for your understanding & cooperation with this.
Scholastic Book Fair
The Fall Scholastic Book Fair will be on October 17-20 in the ALC and online. Students will be able to browse and make purchases during school hours and with their parents at the Family Event on October 20.
- Go cashless with eWallet! Fund your child's eWallet on the book fair website, print the confirmation for your child to bring to school and don't worry about sending your child with cash. You can also share your child's eWallet with family members so they can help your child get even more books.
- We can't run a book fair without volunteers; set-up, tear down, help kids choose books and help our school earn hundreds of books for classrooms and the library. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e44afab2fa2fcc16-wild
Wild Rose Dates to Remember
Monday, October 10 - Indigenous Peoples Day/Columbus Day, No School for Staff & Students
Wednesday, October 12 - Walk to School Day
Monday, October 17 - PTO Meeting @ 6:00 PM ALC
Thursday, October 20 - BOOktacular Event 5 PM - 7 PM
Tuesday, October 25 - Portillo's Fundraiser 5 PM - 8 PM
Wednesday, October 26 - Early Dismissal @2:10
Monday, October 31 - Halloween Parade 1:30 PM
Monday, October 31 - Holiday Class Celebrations 1:45-2:45 PM