New Tech News
July 29th, 2018
Dates To Know For 2018-2019
- July 31st- August 1st: Senior Pictures
- August 2nd: Schedule pick up (exact times will be sent later this summer)
- August 2nd: Picture day for all Rookies, Sophomores, and Juniors at schedule pick-up. It is a requirement throughout the district that all high school learners wear photo IDs.
- August 3rd: Rookie Camp from 9am-12pm
- August 3rd: 1pm-3pm Senior College Workshop
- August 9th 4pm-6pm: Late Schedule Pickup
- August 15th: First Day of School
- August 28th: Open House
- September 13th: College Night
- October 19th: Picture Makeup Day
PTSO Membership Has a New Site!!!
Schedule Pickup Times for August 2nd
Rookies: 9:00am to 10:00am
Seniors: 10:00am to 11:30am
Juniors: 1:00pm to 2:30pm
Sophomores: 3:00pm to 4:30pm
If you are unable to come during your assigned time, you are able to come during one of the other times. The times help us with making sure that you don't have a long line.
Supply Fee Info and Parking
All documents and info are linked in the button above. Should you have trouble accessing them, here are the direct links to the payment options.
NTH@C charges a $60 supply fee for the school year to cover the cost of general schools supplies, field trips, and buses for events. This fee can be paid online through SchoolPay at https://www.schoolpay.com/pay/for/-NTHC--PTSO-School-Supplies/IdJaK
*Please bring confirmation of payment to registration via a printout or your phone’s email.
Parking Registration and Fee: This fee and registration is only required for learners who will be driving to school. The fee is $50 for the school year and can be paid online through SchoolPay at https://www.schoolpay.com/pay/for/Pay-to-Park--New-Tech-High--Coppell/IdBMF?p=yes*Please bring confirmation of payment to registration via a printout or your phone’s email so that you can be given your parking sticker.
First Week of School Reminders
We can't wait to have everyone back on Wednesday, August 15th. Please note that although it is a Wednesday, we will start school at the new normal time of 8:50am on that day.
- We want to remind learners who start their day at CHS or CHS9 (for a UIL event like band, choir, athletics, etc.) that they need to start their day at CHS or CHS9 before coming to NTH@C. This is true even on the first day of school. It is very rare that you will be encouraged to miss your CHS/CHS9 class.
- The shuttle between CHS, CHS9, and NTH@C will be running on the first day of school and will follow normal shuttle times (click on the Bell and Shuttle Schedule Link to see those times). CHS/CHS9 will have a slightly different schedule on day one but the shuttles will run at the published times. Please set your alarm for your shuttle times. They will not announce when shuttles arrive at CHS/CHS9.
- We begin the first couple of days at NTH@C in what are called first week projects. Learners will arrive to school on the first day and find their assigned rooms for first week projects on the doors and display boards in the front of the school. While first week projects are going on, learners will still attend their CHS classes at their normal times.
- The parent drop off loop is on the side of the building (where the faculty parking lot is located). The front of the building is where our buses drop off every morning. Please do not use the front for drop off/pick up as this will slow down buses and also interfere with staff parking. This is even more true this year as we will have shuttles running between all three campuses throughout the day.
Future Testing Accommodation Information
NTH@C College Board and ACT Testing Accommodations
Application Process and Forms
A student with a documented disability may be eligible for accommodations on College Board tests (SAT, SAT Subject Tests, PSAT, and AP exams) and the ACT. The school does not automatically apply for students to receive accommodations, but will assist families once the request is made to begin the process of applying for accommodations if their child is eligible for Section 504 or SPED. Parents should initiate the process by visiting our information page located on the New Tech High Website, under Announcements:
If you have any questions regarding testing accommodations, please contact Ms. Shaikh, Assistant Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rookie and New Learner Laptop Information
If learners have not returned their iPads to their middle schools prior to this, they will need to return them at this time in order to be issued a laptop.