Central Update Bulletin - Week of September 19th-23rd
Gifted and Talented
Teachers, please email Ms. Jackson (email@example.com) the names of any student who you are already noticing might be exhibiting some of the characteristics of a gifted and talented student! They might be a new student to Central, or even a returning student. If you are unsure, or only seeing high achievement in one area, please still let me know! Also, Mary Ann Condie from Advanced Academic Services will be meeting with all teachers on October 11th and 13th during your afternoon PLC time to discuss how to collect pieces of work to put together the best portfolio for a student being screened for the GT process. GT Teachers of Record, you will meet with Mary Ann for a short time AFTER the PLC on the 11th.
Study Hall Begins Monday!
Before assigning study hall please review the procedures:
- Study Hall is held Monday through Friday from 2:55-3:45 in the Red Computer Lab.
- There will not be study hall on half days or on the Friday before Thanksgiving Break and Spring Break.
- Students should be sent with work. Teachers please provide any special instructions in the additional information section of this form.
- Forms sent after 10:00 am cannot be considered for the same day study hall and thus will be considered for the next day.
- Please send forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use saving convention: StudyHallForm_StudentsName_Date (This is really important)
Notes from L.A.
- This week's Language Arts Monday is for Kinder, 3rd , and 5th teachers only. Please register on Eduphoria as soon as possible.
- 2nd grade ELA data analysis meeting is September 19th. Teachers can choose either the am or pm session on Eduphoria.
- 1st grade ELA data analysis meeting is September 22nd. Teachers can choose either the am or pm session on Eduphoria.
- In preparation for Tuesday’s PLC, please complete F&P/EDL2 assessments.
Thank you PK, Kinder and First grade for a great first week of guidance lessons - 2nd and 3rd teachers, this is your week! Please check your outlook calendar for the date and time sent by Ms. Jackson and take your students to room 128 (in the kinder hall) for their guidance lessons. I went off the schedules posted on the Google drive so please let me know if you have changed your schedule or if the time will not work for your class. You are always welcome to stay for the 30 minute lessons, but you can also use that time to get some coffee, make a few copies, make parent phone calls, etc.! Thanks for your allowing this time each month with your students!
School-Wide Behavior Expectations
As we continue to offer a safe and predictable environment for our students, we want to keep hallway and cafeteria expectations consistent. Please go over the expectations with students frequently in order to reinforce the behavior. You can find copies of the expectation posters in our Google Drive.
I have placed an club application template and a parent permission slip template on the Central Google Drive Clubs folder if you are interested in using them.
Sign-Up for PTA and Sunshine
*Excluding district visit days. (I think there is only one on a Wednesday the entire year.)
Parents eating lunch with students
In the days ahead...
Week at a Glance
Monday, September 19th
- RTI Begins school-wide
- Clubs Begin
Tuesday, September 20th
- Lang. Arts Vertical PLC in Library
Thursday, September 22nd
- Math Vertical PLC in Library
Friday, September 23rd
- 4th Grade Reading Performance
- 5th Grade Reading Performance
Future Dates To Remember:
Monday, September 26th
- New Teacher Academy @ 3:15-4:30 in conference room
- Math Monday for Pre-K, K, 1st
Wednesday, September 28th
- Student Jeans Day - $1.00 (benefits student activity fund)
- Staff Meeting - Canvas Training @ 3:15-4:30 in Library
Thursday, September 29th
- 5th Grade Mother/Daughter & Father/Son Night from 5:30-7:00 pm
***First Internal Rounds date moved from October 7th to October 6th due to scheduling conflict. Change has been made in Outlook***