TCS November Newsletter
The month of October was a busy one for students at TCS and it was topped off by a fun parade and Halloween celebration. Many thanks to families for bringing in treats for our classroom parties!
November is always a bit different, schedule-wise, so please be sure to take note of the days that students are not in school:
November 8 - No School (Parent/Teacher Conferences)
November 9 - Early Release at 1:00 (Parent/Teacher Conferences in the afternoon)
November 11 - Veterans Day
November 23, 24, 25 - Thanksgiving Break
Have you been keeping an eye on what is happening at TCS on Facebook? If you haven't done so already you can find us on Facebook as the "Tuftonboro Owls!"
Please reach out with any questions you may have. I can be reached by phone at 569-2050, or email at email@example.com
Best wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving!
TCS Winter Concert
Before we know it, our first (in-person) winter concert in three years will be upon us! THE TCS WINTER CONCERT WILL BE HELD ON WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 14th AT 6:00pm AT THE KINGSWOOD ARTS CENTER IN WOLFEBORO. All students in grades K-3, all 4th graders on recorders, the 5-6 concert band, and the 4-6 chorus will be performing. More details about the concert will be forthcoming from music teacher Kristin Johnson as we get closer. Stay tuned!
Our EXCELLENT PTCO has been hard at work again this year! Here are a few PTCO items of interest to share:
1. You still have time to order pies through the 4th Grade Thanksgiving Pie Sale! Orders will be accepted through 11/10. Pie pickup takes place on 11/18 after school or by the end of the day.
2. Many thanks to those who purchased books through the Usborne Book Fair during the September Open House, as together we raised $558 in free books for our classrooms!
3. We are always looking for more PTCO members, so please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
TCS Families are Back!
With a more normal start to school, we have welcomed back our all-school assemblies and TCS Families. TCS Families consist of one or more TCS staff members (family leaders) and at least one family member (in most cases) from each grade. Families usually have 6-8 members. Families typically gather after our all school assemblies and complete a prepared activity together. Activities are designed to increase positive school climate and connectedness. You can see one of our TCS Families in action in the photo above!
The TCS Families program has been a tradition at TCS for many years. With one class per grade, and separate recesses, our students benefit from other opportunities to work and cooperate with students of other ages/grades.
Families also introduce students to other adults/staff in the building whom they can develop healthy relationships with and build their list of “Grown Up Buddies” at TCS. Grown Up Buddies are critical to helping students communicate their needs more effectively.
TCS Families provide another leadership opportunity for our 6th grade students. They look out for kindergarteners, help compile materials, and provide positive modeling for younger students.
Picture Retake Day
Good Things to Know
1. Please give the school a call if your student is going to be absent from school for the day.
2. As we are moving into the colder months, please send your student with warm outdoor clothing for recess.
3. We continue to battle student and staff illness in our building. In an effort to try to keep our school healthy, please be sure to keep your student at home if they are not feeling well. We thank you for your help and wish all a healthy winter season!
4. If you are interested in volunteering at TCS this year, you will need to fill out the volunteer paperwork, which includes a background check. This process can take a bit of time to be approved, as it also includes fingerprinting. Call our main office if you would like a packet. We appreciate all of our volunteers!