AST 105 Introduction to Astronomy
Villa Maria College Library
The complete list of databases available can be found on our website.
Off-campus access to most online databases requires a username and password. Drop by the library to get this information.
Popular Science Magazines
*Science News (Print Issues Available)
*Scientific American (Print Issues Available)
*Find current and archived journals in the South Room in the library. Print journals can be borrowed for one week.
Search for Books, eBooks and Print Journals
Books in the standard collection may be borrowed for three weeks. Books placed on reserve by your professor will have a shorter loan period. Books not available from the library can be borrowed through AcademicSHARE or Interlibrary Loan (ILL). Contact the library for help. To find items held by Villa and other libraries, try WorldCat.
Don't forget your Villa Maria College ID card to check out books!
Books on Reserve
The following books are on Reserve for your class. Speak to a librarian to check one out for one week.
- Death by Black Hole and Other Cosmic Quandries by Neil deGrasse Tyson
- Einstein's Cosmos: How Albert Einstein's Vision Transformed our Understanding of Space and Time by Michio Kaku
- Galileo's Daughter: A Historical Memoir of Science, Faith, and Love by Dava Sobel
- Measuring the Universe: Our Historic Quest to Chart the Horizons of Space and Time by Kitty Ferguson
- Neutrino Hunters: The Thrilling Chase for a Ghostly Particle to Unlock the Secrets of the Universe by Ray Jayawardhana
- Our Mathematical Universe: My Quest for the Ultimate Nature of Reality by Max Tegmark
- Parallax: The Race to Measure the Cosmos by Alan W. Hirschfield
- Spectrums: Our Mindboggling Universe from Infinitesimal to Infinity by David Blatner
- Tycho & Kepler: The Unlikely Partnership that Forever Changed our Understanding of the Heavens by Kitty Ferguson
- Uncentering the Earth: Copernicus and the Revolutions of the Heavenly Spheres by William T. Vollmann
Founded in 1980 by Carl Sagan, Bruce Murray and Louis Friedman, this organization is dedicated to empowering Earthlings to advance space science and exploration.
Help getting your paper set up properly, create both your in-text citations and your Works Cited page. Includes sample pages and Microsoft Word tips.
Citation generators can make formatting your citations a lot easier. Don't forget: you still need to review your citations for accuracy and formatting!
Citation help for both APA and MLA, research help, general and subject-specific writing as well as ESL are addressed here.