PALCS Day of Service
In honor of Martin Luther King, Jr.
Our Day of Service
Last week, you were given suggestions for ways you can spend your day of service. Today, you will have the opportunity to share with the PALCS community how you spent your day of service.
Time to Serve!
Review your service options below.
Service Choice #1 - Book Buddies
Service Choice #2 - On Your Own
Here are some ideas for serving:
Blankets are easy to make and involve no sewing. The blankets can be donated to a
children’s wing of a hospital or a daycare center.
- Make cards for nursing home residents.
- Donate books to shelters, after-school groups, hospitals, and nursing homes.
- Donate clothes to a local shelter or the Purple Heart.
- Shovel snow or clean house for elderly or disabled neighbors.
- Create a game day at a local home for adults with disabilities.
- Pick up trash in your neighborhood.
- Donate food to a food bank.
- Do random acts of kindness for others.
Service Choice #3 -PALCS Pittsburgh Volunteer Event
Service Choice # 4- Kerr Park Cleanup
To learn more about Kerr Park, visit http://www.downingtown.org/
Service Choice #5- Paul's Run Retirement Community
To learn more about Paul's Run Retirement Community, visit http://www.paulsrun.org/