Volume 38 - Summer
Mark Your Calendar
- May 21 - 6th Grade Bell Ringing - 8:00 AM
- May 21 - 6th Grade Field Day
- May 21 - Last Day of School Early Release - 12:00 PM
- May 21 - At Home Learners return all devices, Hot Spots, and Materials - 9-11AM or 1-3PM
- If you are registered to attend Summer School, information will be sent to you from the Summer School Principal with your specific times. These are general dates and times for Summer School. Summer school is only on Monday-Thursday.
- PreK and Kinder English Learners Summer School - June 1-30 - 8:00-3:00 at Boyd
- Boyd and Rountree Academic Booster - June 1-17 - 8:30-11:30 OR 12:30-3:30 at Boyd
August 5 - Kinder Camp - 5:00-6:00 PM
August 9 - Meet the Teacher - 4:30-6:00
August 10 - First Day of School - School Starts at 7:45 AM (Doors open at 7:30 AM)
August 10 - Meet and Greet the New Principal (8:00 AM in Cafeteria)
No Backpacks on the Last Day of School.
Grades will be posted in Skyward on Friday.
Principal Selected for 2021-22
We would like to announce that Mrs. Roxxy Griffin has been named Principal at Boyd Elementary School.
Mrs. Griffin joins us from Richardson ISD where she served as the Principal at Carolyn Bukhair Elementary, a position she has held since 2018. Prior to her current administrative role, she served as Principal at Northwood Hills Elementary and Assistant Principal at Skyview and White Rock Elementary. Mrs. Griffin was also an Instructional Specialist and Teacher for RISD.
We are excited to have Mrs. Griffin join the Allen ISD team. We believe her experience in successfully leading Bilingual and Title I campuses will have a tremendous impact on the Boyd community. A Meet and Greet will be scheduled with parents in August. Please help us welcome Mrs. Griffin to the Blackhawk Family.
At Home Students - Device and Materials Return
We cannot believe it is already time to collect your student devices and hand back miscellaneous student items. Please follow the steps outlined below to make this drop-off process run smoothly.
Boyd will be collecting all devices and Hot Spots on Friday, May 21st.
- We will have two-time slots available for drop-off, 9:00-11:00 AM or 1:00-3:00 PM. If you are not able to come on Friday, please arrange to drop-off the material to the front office earlier that week.
- You will enter Boyd Elementary through the carpool lane as noted on the map below.
- Once you arrive at Boyd, a staff member will come to your car to retrieve all student items.
Here is your checklist:
Drop off Times: Friday, May 21st 9:00-11:00 AM or 1:00-3:00 PM
Place all library books, leveled readers, and any other instructional items in a plastic bag labeled with your child’s name and grade.
Have your Chromebook, charger, and hotspot together, labeled on a piece of paper with your child’s name and grade
Please do not return consumables including: handwriting workbooks, Words Their Way, EnVision, GoMath, Fusion Science, and/or Springboard
Place all items (bag of books, Chromebook, charger, hotspot, etc.) in the trunk of your car
Any items your child should receive (yearbook, certificates, etc.) will be brought out to you at this time.
We want to thank you for working closely with us this school year and being a team player for your student’s success. Thank you for sharing your child with us this year and we hope you have a wonderful summer!
6th Grade Celebrations
6th Graders Ringing of the Bells
- Friday, May 21 - 8:00-8:30 AM - 6th Grade students will walk the halls while ringing their bells. Parents will line-up outside of the front of the building to cheer as they exit the front doors. Students will walk around the building to the playground. At 8:30 AM students will begin their field day. Parents will not be able to enter the playground area but can take pictures prior to entering.
- Parents that would like to take their students home after the ringing of the bell, will need to check them out in the front office.
6th Graders Field Day - Friday, May 21
- 8:30-10:30 - Boyd Playground
COVID-19 vaccination efforts in our community
We wanted to share some information with you regarding the ongoing COVID-19 vaccination efforts in our community.
The Allen Fire Department and Ayman Care have joined together to offer free, voluntary COVID-19 vaccinations to children ages 12 and up. The vaccines will be distributed on Saturday, May 22 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Ford Middle School auxiliary gymnasium (630 Park Place, Allen, TX 75002). Allen ISD designated the Ford gym as a site to support the vaccination effort, however, a COVID-19 vaccination is optional for families and not a requirement for any student who enrolls in summer school, summer camp, or classes this fall.
All minors must be accompanied by an adult, and a form of ID must be presented on-site. For more information, please call Ayman Care at 972-288-9747.
Online School Supplies
Order Securely Online - Starting Now thru June 27th!
- Go to www.educationalproducts.com/shoppacks
- Enter the school ID, BOY001 (3 letters/3 numbers)
- Follow the directions to complete your order.
- Keep your online confirmation as your receipt.
Summer - Free Curbside Meals
In accordance with United States Department of Agriculture and Texas Department of Agriculture guidance, Allen ISD will be offering curbside meal bundles to children 18 years and younger at no cost beginning Tuesday, May 25, through Wednesday, June 30, at the following sites:
- Ereckson Middle School (450 Tatum Dr.) – Heading south on Tatum, enter the first driveway, and follow to the back of the school.
- Curtis Middle School (1530 Rivercrest Blvd.) – Heading south on Malone, take the second left at the athletic fields, and follow the road to door #10.
Curbside pick-up will occur at each campus, twice a week on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 7:30 – 9:30 a.m.
Tuesday’s pick-up will include a breakfast and lunch for Tuesday and Wednesday (four meals), while Thursday’s pick-up will include a breakfast and lunch for Thursday, Friday, and Monday (six meals).
The menu will be posted through the Mealviewer App and heating instructions will be available for all products.
For planning purposes, parents and/or students are encouraged to sign-up for meal bundles on the Student Nutrition web page or use the following form weekly: Summer Meals Curbside Pre-Order
If a parent would like to pick up meals for a student who is not present, one of the following must be presented:
- Official Letter/email from school listing children enrolled at the campus
- Student ID number
- Student ID cards
- Individual student report cards
- Attendance record from parent portal of the school website
- Birth certificate
- Official letter/email from facility or school listing children enrolled
- Other official ID cards (for example, IDs issued by a child care facility)
Allen ISD Pre-K registration
Allen ISD Pre-K registration for the 2021-2022 school year is NOW OPEN! Did you know the district offers a Pre-K program for qualifying students? If you are interested in learning more about Pre-K eligibility criteria and enrollment details, please visit our webpage and review the flyer below.
Kinder Registration for Next School Year
Pre-K students currently enrolled and attending Allen ISD at Rountree or Cheatham do not need to re-enroll for kindergarten.
The first day of school is scheduled for August 11, 2021.
Enrollment forms and information are available on the Allen ISD enrollment website. https://allenisd.org/Page/58088
Resources for Families in Need
Marisol Puterbaugh, CARE Coordinator
Alton Boyd Elementary School
800 S Jupiter
Principal: Judith Coffman
Asst. Principal: Jenna Capps
Asst. Principal: Wendy Williams
Secretary: Elaine Gamboa
Registration: Gabby Villegas
Receptionist: Ale Reyes
Nurse: Terry Phillips
Counselor: Patricia Chavez
CARE: Marisol Puterbaugh
Campus Intervention Specialist (CIS): Yessica Schessler
PTA President: April Cheney