Culture Move of The Month:
100 Percent Engagement
Friday, October 14, 2016
Important Upcoming Dates
- Saturday, October 15 | Greenlight Bookstore Fundraiser Begins! [PTSO]
- Thursday, October 20 | Second Grade Parent Coffee [PTSO]
- Thursday, October 20 | 2nd Annual BPCS Concert & Fundraiser
- Thursday, October 27 | Third Grade Parent Coffee [PTSO]
Please visit our school calendar for a full listing of important upcoming dates:
- Emily Out.
- Kishan will resume his regular schedule/work as a Program Aide next Monday, 10/17 instead of this Friday, 10/14.
TODAY'S PICTURE DAY AGENDA
- Each class is to line up outside of the art room at their scheduled portrait time. It is recommended that students are in height order from shortest to tallest. This will help with the group photo later!
- SGP will give you the OK to enter the art room when they are ready for your class.
- SGP will provide core teachers with a set of blank photo cards and student labels.
- Parent volunteers, aides, and specials teachers will assist in placing student labels on the photo cards. Please make sure each student's hard has the correct label!
- As students have their portraits taken, please have them walk over the the MPR in small groups. Core teachers should split here (one in each room).
- SGP will begin to organize students for the group photo as they enter the room - this is when organizing them in size order will help keep the process speedy!
- The final group will be accompanied by the second core teacher for the class photo.
If you are scheduled to support or have a class during their scheduled photo time -
please join them in the Art Room & MPR. We will need all hands on deck!
Coverage Policy Clarification
- At least 4 days in advance: Find someone to cover for you. Swapping is a great way to find coverage!
- At least 2 days in advance: Email Kate and Marchena the exact duties you are missing and who is replacing you. You must include the date + time of the duties you are missing so we are clear - the emails can get confusing without these details.
Using Complete Sentences
100 percent engagement is directly linked to strong transitions
Teach 21: Register for Upcoming Workshops
An amazing array of Teach21 workshops are being offered in late October. The workshops will run from 9am-3pm on October 29. Registration closes next week so please select your workshops!
This is an opportunity to attend professional development that is not only free, but is guaranteed to be relevant and insightful to you as it is facilitated by peer teachers.
Workshops include work with Social Justice, Math, Integration, Project-Based Learning, STEAM, and much more!
Simply register online as a teacher at Brooklyn Prospect and indicate that you're paying by check. As a Brooklyn Prospect teacher your registration fee will be waived.