St. Louis Catholic High School
Thursday, August 29, 2019
Halo Highlight: Thank You for Your Support at Back to School Night!
Dear Saints Parents,
Thank you for your unbelievable generosity donating wine to "stock the bar" for the Golden Gala & Auction and earning 140 of our students a free dress day Sept. 6 in the process! We are blessed to have your support, and we hope you will consider attending the Golden Gala on Sept. 20 as we celebrate our 50th anniversary. Click here to reserve your tickets, or call the Advancement Office at 494-0724.
There's still time to bring a bottle of wine and earn your child a free dress day next Friday. Just bring it to the office by tomorrow, and we'll add your child's name to the list! Students listed here have earned a free dress day Friday, Sept. 6. Thank you again for your support!
Annual Service Plan meetings will start being scheduled after progress reports are distributed. Please look for more information via email in the coming weeks.
For questions or more information, please contact your student's counselor:
A-J - Susan Holmes at email@example.com
K-Z - Maci David at firstname.lastname@example.org
AP FACTS Payment Instructions
Dear AP Parents and Students, If you have a FACTS account, please follow these instructions to submit your AP payment by Sept. 27, 2019.
1. Log into FACTS.
2. Under “Payment Plan and Billing,” you will see a total balance, payment plan and incidental expenses.
Note: AP fees are listed under incidental expenses.
3. Select “Make a Payment.”
Note: At this time, you cannot auto draft for incidental expenses; you can enroll in auto draft, but that option cannot be applied until next year’s AP payment.
4. Click “Other Amount.”
5. Under “Other Payment Options,” check the Sept. 27 Incidental Expenses box; the amount should populate for you.
6. Follow the remainder prompts to submit/confirm your payment.
Thanks so much for your patience as we are learning a new FACTS feature!
College Application Information for Seniors
We are still missing quite a few blanket release forms to allow the Counseling Office to upload/send transcripts, recommendation letters and other requested college application information. If you haven’t turned one in yet, check your spam email as Mrs. Heather Fruge, the Counseling Secretary, sent you an email and a blank form.
Please complete, get it signed by your parents and return to the Counseling Office as soon possible so your college application can be completed in a timely fashion!
College Visit Update; Senior Parent Night Sept. 4
Senior parents, please join us for a College Information Night Wednesday, Sept. 4 at 6 p.m. College admissions will be the focus of the meeting!
On Friday, Sept. 6, at 8 a.m., a recruiter for LSU’s College of Music and Dramatic Arts will be on campus to host an information session for interested Juniors & Seniors. Students must register in advance to attend and can come by the Counseling Office to sign up. Official passes will be delivered to registered students the morning of the presentation and must be presented for admission. The presentation is expected to last about 30 minutes and students are responsible for missed work.
Don't forget about other upcoming College Visit Days to campus! Students must arrange these through the Counseling Office.
- LSU College of Music & the Dramatic Arts – Friday, Sept. 6, at 8 a.m.
- Tulane University – Monday, Sept. 23, at 7:30 a.m.
- Northwestern State University – Tuesday, Sept. 24, at 7:30 a.m.
Student Life Announcements
Tech Talk with Melanie LeJeune
- Check out our 1st Help Desk Tip on the best way to print from OneNote created by one of our Help Desk students!
- Join us for our 1st Lunch n' Learn of the year during lunch tomorrow (Friday, Aug. 30) in the Library! Mrs. LeJeune will lead the session to help make sure you're saving properly and more great tips and tricks - don't miss it!
Golden Gala & Auction Update
You won't want to miss the Gala! The Flamethrowers will be back for a second straight year to conclude the night with a bang!
Great Tuition Giveaway Tickets Available
The annual GREAT TUITION GIVEAWAY will be a premier drawing once again at the Golden Gala & Auction, and tickets are available for purchase now! This is a limited offer - we will sell only 100 tickets (about 70 tickets remain) - which increases your chance to win! For only $200 you'll have a chance to win one year of tuition & registration fees at St. Louis Catholic High School (redeemable up to three years) valued at more than $8,000. Click here to get your tickets now for the Great Tuition Giveaway!
**Tuition prize may not be redeemed for cash and does not grant entry into the school. Need not be present to win. May be applied to the 2019-2020 school year.**
Important Dates for Future Saints
Athletic Open House - October 16 from 6-7:30 p.m.: Bring your future Saint to meet our coaches & tour our sports facilities. Open to Middle School students.
Saint for a Day - Nov. 12 and 13: 8th Graders from our Partner Schools are invited to spend some time at St. Louis Catholic & experience the Saint life with our student ambassadors!
St. Louis Catholic Open House - Nov. 20 from 5:30-8 p.m.: All Middle School students and their parents are invited to tour St. Louis Catholic. Visit classrooms, meet our faculty, and learn about everything our school has to offer in an exciting night of information and exploration!
Priority Application Opens - Nov. 21: Apply early for the 2020-2021 school year & be entered for a chance to have your $500 Registration Fee waived! It's a great time to be a SAINT!
Around Saints Athletics
Century Club Membership Cards On Sale!
Homecoming 2019 Information
We're also thrilled to be holding an Alumni Mass to conclude Homecoming Week Sunday, Oct. 6, 2019 at 10:30 a.m. (PLEASE NOTE THE NEW TIME!) Fr. Long will celebrate Mass on campus, and then we will serve a light lunch and hold school tours for alumni of St. Louis Catholic, St. Charles Academy, Landry Memorial and Sacred Heart. All are welcome!
New Teacher Spotlight - Linda Gail Shumaker
We are very excited to spotlight the faculty members who joined, or in the case of Linda Gail Shumaker, re-joined the faculty at St. Louis Catholic this school year! Mrs. Shumaker returns to St. Louis Catholic to teach AP Calculus, and she also serves on the newly formed Advisory Council:
1. Hometown? Lake Charles - Graduated from LaGrange High School in 1982 and from McNeese State University in 1990
2. How many years teaching? This is my 23rd year in the classroom. I taught at LaGrange High School 1990-1997, and 2003-2005. I began teaching at St. Louis Catholic High School in 2005 and taught for 13 years. I "retired" in 2018 to stay home with my grandson, Lincoln. I'm really excited to return to the classroom this year while still keeping Lincoln when I'm not at school.
3. Favorite quote? "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."
4. Favorite food? Bacon
5. What will we most likely find you doing on a weekend? Spending time with family, reading, sewing, crafting
6. Best moment at St. Louis Catholic so far? I guess my best moment at St. Louis was when I was honored with being named Teacher of the Year. That was an unexpected and humbling moment. I look forward to meeting my new students and journeying with them through this school year!
Friday, August 30
Saints Football in Sulphur Jamboree, vs. LaGrange, approximately 6:30 p.m.
Monday, September 2
No School - Labor Day
Tuesday, September 3
Student Council Meeting at lunch (Krajicek Gym)
Freshmen & JV Football at Iowa
Lady Saints Volleyball at Barbe
Wednesday, September 4
Counseling Department Meeting with Senior Parents, 6 p.m. (Cafeteria)
Thursday, September 5
JCL Meeting, 7:20 a.m. (Room #35)
NHS Officer Meeting at lunch (Library)
Lady Saints Volleyball at Jennings
Saints Swim Meet at SPAR
Friday, September, 6
Lady Saints Volleyball at Westlake Tournament
Saints Football vs Crowley, 7 p.m. (Cougar Stadium)
Diocesan Middle School Retreat