East News Flash
September 13, 2019
- New Bag policy at PISD Stadiums
- Yearbook Orders- Deadline Today!
- Picture Retake Dates
- Junior Ring Packets
- Sports and Fine Arts Performance Reminders
- PSAT Practice Test
New Bag Policy at PISD Stadiums
Picture Retake Dates
Junior Makeup Picture Day (History)- Oct. 8
Senior Makeup Picture Day (History)- Oct. 9
Junior Ring Packets
Attention Juniors! Jostens – the largest and oldest provider of class rings – will be coming to Plano East Senior High School to take class jewelry orders in the cafeteria on September 18 from 7:45am to 1:30pm and September 19 from 11:30 to 6:00. Receive a FREE Companion ring AND a FREE Adidas Backpack with any jewelry purchase on IN-SCHOOL ORDER DAYS ONLY. Have fun and save time by designing your jewelry online at www.jostens.com<http://www.jostens.com/> and print a copy of your order and bring it with you along with the deposit. Ring packets were distributed on September 10 during English classes and extras will be available in the sub school offices.
Sports and Fine Arts Performance Reminders:
As we begin our sports seasons, we would like to take this opportunity to remind our students of the expectations of behavior at sporting events:
· We encourage our students to yell and cheer our teams on. Our focus should be on our teams and build them up and cheer them on to victory, not directed at the other team, players, or referees!
· Students are expected to keep feet off the railing at the football stadiums to prevent accidental falls.
· Students are expected to stay in the stands during sporting events in our gym. Students should have both feet in the stands. The first row of bleachers are not to be used.
We also would like to remind everyone of proper performance etiquette for the variety of performances:
· All phones should be turned off or silenced and put away so that everyone can enjoy the performance.
· If you need to leave for some reason during the performance, please do so during an intermission or between group performances.
We ask parents to help reinforce these expectations with our students and model them as well.
Help us live out our school motto of “Winning with Class”!!
There are specific stadium rules we would like to share with everyone. Below are the specific rules PISD ask all patrons to follow.
- Spectators may not enter the stadium with backpacks or duffle bags. Staff and security personnel, at their sole discretion, may determine what constitutes a prohibited backpack or duffle bag.
- Bags, purses and packages carried by spectators will be opened and inspected by security personnel or staff prior to entry into the stadium.
- Alcoholic beverages, outside food or drink items, tobacco products and weapons are prohibited.
- Spectators are prohibited from bringing footballs or other balls into the stadium.
- Persons in possession of prohibited items or who refuse inspection of bags and/or packages will not be permitted to enter the stadium. Persons who violate these stadium rules may be ejected without refund.
- Body painting, other than on the face area, is not allowed.
- Masks and other face coverings are prohibited.
- All signs must be positive, appropriate, promote the participants and not be unduly distracting or block the view of others.
- Patrons who leave the stadium will be required to purchase a ticket to re-enter.
- Only authorized personnel will be admitted onto the field.
- Air horns are prohibited per UIL rules.
- Animals, other than service animals, are not allowed in the stadium.
- Powder or throwing of powder is prohibited.
PSAT Practice Test
PTSA & Booster Club News
PESH PTSA General membership meeting will be September 18th at 6:30 in the Bistro Room behind the cafeteria. We will be presenting the financial report, the financial reconciliation, and other business. All members are welcome to attend. Not a member yet? Joinpta.org
- IB Booster Club
Attention IB Families- Our website has moved! Please visit planoeastib.membershiptoolkit.com OR planoeastib.org to find the new website. Please create an account to stay informed on the PESH IBWS Booster Club. Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our REMIND group by texting to the number 81010 the following: @ibwsbc
- Golden Girls