February 5, 2016
Genre: Expository Text
Paired Text: Searching for Animation
Comprehension Skills: Graphic Sources, Important Ideas
Writing: Compare and Contrast reading passages
Spelling: There is no spelling for the next two weeks. We will be reviewing unit 3. We begin Unit 4 the week of the 22nd.
Roots: Therm will be Tested on the 9th
New Roots: Mono (found on Haiku)
- Reading and Creating Pie Graphs based on percentages
- Unit 5 Review
- Unit 5 Test- Class Average was a 94% (Wahoo!)
- Introduced reading data. New Vocab: Mean, Median, Mode, Minimum, Maximum
- Finished up Famous Persons
- I've heard from many that the students did an AMAZING job!
- Continued discussing the acts that led to the Revolutionary War (Proclamation of 1763, Taxes or Acts imposed on the colonies, Taxation without Representation)
- February 11, Friendship Party
- February 11, After School Viewing of Star Wars: A New Hope (you must send a permission slip signed for your child to attend).
- CoGat Testing on the 11th as well (7 have already tested)
- February 12th and 15th- No School
- Reading Logs for Grades are due the 19th of February
- Six Flag Logs are due the 17th (NO LATE EXCEPTIONS)
- February 8= BABY PICTURES are DUE