Mt. Pleasant HSAP Newsletter
March 2020 Volume XIX Issue VIII
Spring Field Trip
When: March 13, 2020. We will meet in the parking lot behind the public library. The bus will be located on Madison Street along the road north of the parking lot. We will load the bus at 7:30 a.m.and depart by 7:45 a.m. We plan to return by 6:30 p.m.
Who: All HSAP students and their parent(s) are invited to attend! Younger siblings may travel with us as well.
7:45 - Leave Mt. Pleasant
10:30 - Tour Terrace Hill
11:30 - Depart Terrace Hill
12:00 - Eat lunch at the Science Center of Iowa (bring a sack lunch)
12:30 - Enjoy the Science Center!
1:00 - 1:20 - Fire and Ice Presentation in the Adventure Theater
3:45 - Load bus and depart the Science Center
6:15 - Arrive home
NOTE: this year the bowling alley is only open three Tuesday afternoons in March.
- Tests will be administered to 3rd - 11th grade students.
- All students in grade 3 - 11 will take a reading, language and writing and a math assessment.
- Fifth, 8th and 10th grade students will take the science assessment in addition to the other assessments.
- The assessments will be administered using a computer.
- The writing portion will be paper/pencil for 3rd - 5th grade students.
- Tests are not timed, although they suggest a 60 minute time frame for each test except language and writing which suggests 120 minutes.
- Our office will be sharing a website with information, including a test prep link.
Spring Enrichment Session
Classes will be taught by:
PE - Matt Reno
Music - Sarah Zihlman
Content class (Topic: South America) - Cara Bunnell or Lynne Haeffner
Art - Jen Coop
Spanish - Elizabeth Bohman
Book Club - Cara or Lynne
1st grade reading - Marcee Reno
College and Career Ready (CCR)
- Taking college courses in high school
- College entrance requirements
- Post secondary training options: Certificates, Apprenticeships, Diplomas
- Gap year
1 - Open Enrollment deadline
3, 24, 31 - Bowling
3 - Dissection class #3 (final class)
5 - Kindergarten Activity
5, 12, 19, 26 - Enrichment
8 - Daylight Savings Time
13 - Field Trip to Des Moines (bus)
23 - ISASP begins
23 - CCR meeting
24 - End of 3rd quarter
30 - April 17 - 4th quarter visits and curriculum requests due
2, 9 - Enrichment
7, 14, 21, 28 - Art Studio
9 - Kindergarten Activity
9 - ISASP ends
24 - Field trip to Kalona (no bus)