DECA WRLC Is Almost Here!
Final Reminders to #GODECA!
Over the next two days 1,300 DECA members and advisors will arrive in Anaheim, California for the GO! Western Region Leadership Conference. To help ensure you have a phenomenal time in Anaheim, here are the Top 10 reminders you need to be aware of:
- Registration. Conference Registration will be Thursday from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Only advisors will be allowed to register chapters (please do not send students to collect your chapter’s registration materials). The Registration Desk is located in the ballroom foyer just outside of the Marquis Ballroom.
- Hotel check-in. Hotel Registration will be at the front desk in the lobby (as a reminder hotel check-in time is 3:00 p.m.). Only chapter advisors will be allowed to check in at the front desk and they will be given the keys for all of their chapter’s rooms at the same time. As a reminder, the WRLC Staff will not have hotel room keys available for you at the Conference Registration desk.
- Competitive Events. Students will have two opportunities to compete at WRLC. There will be an official DECA practice exam (50 questions) available via open testing on Thursday evening from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Students can come in anytime (subject to open seats), but all tests must be turned in at 8:00 p.m. Students will also have the opportunity to participate in an official DECA role play. Role Play sign-ups will be available from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Thursday in the Marquis Ballroom foyer. There are limited slots available and they will be filled on a first come/first served basis so sign up early! The actual role plays will take place on Saturday morning.
- Advisor Briefings. Important announcements and logistical information will be shared with advisors during our Advisor Briefings. Briefings will take place every thirty minutes on the hour and half hour, from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. on Thursday in Salon D. Each advisor should attend one briefing (the same information will be repeated at each briefing). Advisor gifts will be distributed at the briefings.
- Mobile Site. Bookmark the special conference mobile site www.wrlc2014.org/mobile to access the latest news and updates from WRLC including an electronic version of the conference program. The site will be live starting on Thursday.
- DECA Garage. There are still a few spots available in the DECA Garage. Any student attending the conference with a business concept, idea, or existing enterprise (SBE included) should apply at www.wrlc2014.org/perform. Grand prize is $2,500.
- Conference Program. GO prepare for an awesome experience and read the official conference program, which is available at www.wrlc2014.org/program.
- Weather. Did you get hit by the recent cold front? Well, good news! Current weather projections for the conference are beautiful, but note that the evenings will be a little cooler than normal so be sure to bring a jacket, and don’t forget your sunglasses!
- Dress Code. Be sure to double check the conference dress-code to ensure you and your chapter are always in appropriate attire. Dress code can be found on page 55 of the program.
- Tours. The time to purchase your tour tickets is almost running out! Visit www.wrlc2014.org/regsiter for exclusive discounted DECA pricing for Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, and Universal Studios Hollywood.
Remember to tag your WRLC experience on social media using #GODECA! We will see you in Anaheim! Let’s GO!