Greetings Fir Grove Families!
Wow, the summer has flown by so quickly. Welcome to another school year! The building is being cleaned and almost ready for kids. Teachers will be back on August 26th to get ready for the new year and school officially begins September 3rd.
Here are a few important dates to put on your calendar.
- August 30th, 3:00-4:00pm, Meet Your Teacher/School Supply Event
- September 12th, 6:00-7:30pm, Back-To-School Night
- September 16 & 17, 6:00-7:00pm, Community Walks
- September 21, 9:00-11:00, School Clean Up Day
ARRIVAL/START, DISMISSAL TIME FOR SCHOOL YEAR
The north doors are open for students at 7:45am. Please do not drop students off before 7:45am, as there will not be supervision. The south doors, near the office will open at 8:00am.
7:45 Doors Open/Students can go to Cafeteria, MPR, GYM, Library, or Technology
8:00 Students go to classrooms
2:30 Kindergarten/1st Grade Dismisses to North Exit
2:35 Grades 2-5 Dismisses to North Exit
On 9/3, all families can walk students to class @ 8:00. On 9/5, Kindergarten families last name A-L. On 9/6, Kindergarten families last name M-Z can walk students to class @ 8:00. After the first day, students will walk themselves to class.
Moves over the Summer
- Mrs. Kingsford (4th Grade) has moved to Oak Hills Elementary School.
- Mrs. Bailey (2nd Grade) has moved to Sato Elementary School.
- Mrs. Tomkins (Student Success Coach) has moved to Highland Park Middle School.
- Mrs. Ionis (ESL Teacher) moved to Sexton Mountain Elementary.
- Mrs. Kelley (ESL Teacher) moved to Barnes Elementary.
- Mrs. Koeman (ESL Teacher) moved to Barnes Elementary.
- Mrs. Tomlinson (Special Education) moved to Hiteon Elementary.
- Mr. Ragsdale (Paraeducator) moved to Mountainside High School.
We will miss all these wonderful staff and wish them well in their new schools.
New Staffing Changes
- Mrs. Mayes is now teaching Kindergarten. Previously, she was one of our reading intervention teachers.
- Mrs. Melvin has moved up to 2nd Grade from 1st Grade.
- Mrs. Abel is a new ESL Teacher. She is coming from McKinley Elementary.
- Mrs. Starr is our new Student Success Coach. She is coming from Mckinley Elementary.
- Mrs. Ruhnke is a new paraeducator who will be supporting students with IEPs. She is coming to us from Ridgewood Elementary.
- Mrs. Tidrick is a new paraeducator who will be supporting literacy and social emotional learning. She is coming to us from Highland Park Middle School.
2019-20 Grade Level Teachers
Kindergarten-Mrs. Pearson, Mrs. Mayes, Mrs. Summers
1st Grade-Mrs. Trinci, Mrs. Viegas
2nd Grade-Mrs. Hausman, Mrs. Beltran, Mrs. Melvin
3rd Grade-Mrs. Serrao, Mrs. Oakes, Mrs. West
4th Grade-Mr. Peterson, Ms. Calafet
5th Grade-Mr. Lee, Ms. Wilson
WHO IS MY TEACHER?
Be looking for a welcome envelope and email with your classroom teacher's name. It will arrive by August 29th. We can also inform you of your teacher at Meet Your Teacher on August 30th.
We wish you all a few more weeks of fun in the sun with your families and look forward to seeing you back soon for another fantastic school year!
August Office Hours
August 7, 8:00-12:00pm
August 12, Regular Office Hours Resume, 7:30-4:00pm
What's Happening @ FG
30 Meet Your Teacher, 3:00-4:00pm
3 No School/Labor Day
3 First Day Grades 1-5
5 First Day, Kindergarten Last Name A-L
Kindergarten Parent Boo-Hoo Woo-Hoo, 8:00-9:00am
5 . PTO Meeting, 7:00pm
6 First Day Kindergarten Last Name M-Z
Kindergarten Parent Boo-Hoo Woo-Hoo, 8:00-9:00am
9 All Kindergarten Students Attend
12 Back-to-School Night, 6:00-7:30pm
16 Community Walk, 6:00-7:00pm
17 Community Walk, 6:00-7:00pm
20 Summer Reading Forms Due
21 School Clean Up, 9:00-11:00am
27 Summer Reading Party
Annual Fir Grove School Clean Up
Saturday, Sep. 21st, 9-11am
6300 Southwest Wilson Avenue
A community service event for the entire family and Fir Grove Community. Partnering with Beaverton Christian Church.
Many hands, big and small, can make a HUGE impact! We are cleaning and clearing out the courtyard, garden beds, and both driveways.
Pull weeds, pick up trash, trim shrubs
Remember to bring: Water bottle, gloves, bucket, garden tools, clippers, wheelbarrows
Last year we filled two dumpsters with yard debris and had over 100 volunteer hours!
- September 5th for families with last names A-L.
- September 6th for families with last names M-Z.
Come meet other Kindergarten families, the PTO, and the Principal.
Walk, Bike, Drive or Bus?
NEW CROSSING GUARD
There is a new crossing guard at the corner of Menlo and Allen.
This summer, children can enjoy free lunches through the Summer Food Service Program sponsored by Beaverton School District Nutrition Services Department. The Summer Food Service Program is a federally-funded nutrition program open to all children ages 1-18 years. Adults can eat for just $3.50. No applications or registration are necessary, and all children and teens are welcome. In addition to lunch, some sites offer breakfast in conjunction to scheduled summer school programs.
All children are encouraged and welcome to come join in the fun! Bring your children or tell a friend. Lunches will be served Mon. - Fri., through August 16, 2019.
There are many meal sites in our area. To find meal sites near you, text the word “FOOD” to 877-877 or visit the Beaverton School District for a complete list of Summer Food Service Program sites, dates and times.
Fir Grove Elementary
Office Hours: 7:30-3:30