The Wildcat Week Ahead
March 7 - 10
What's In the Weekly
Welcome to a New Week
Grand Isle Game Changers (for current 5th-grade families)
5-6th Grade Dance- Rescheduled to 3/10 from 3-5 PM
Lost and Found
Updated Links at the Bottom of the Newsletter
Welcome to a New Week
Welcome back from February break.
I wanted to send this out early to ensure everyone had information before Tuesday. Students come back to school on Tuesday the 7th. Also, please remember that Summer Programming Registration closes on March 10th! You can find all the information you need on our website in the menu.
Trimester 2 is wrapping up shortly, so parent-teacher conferences are approaching. Friday, March 24, is conference day- no school for students. Teachers will be sending out information for sign-ups soon. If you would like to schedule a time to meet with me, please email me.
In the next few weeks, I will send out a survey to all GIS families and incoming Kindergarten families to gather information about what has gone well this year, your hopes for next year, and anything else you want me to know. I'm in full-swing preparation for next year and value your input. Keep an eye on this newsletter and your email for more information.
Lastly, Girls on the Run starts this month for students in grades 3-6. Student participation costs $115 and includes:
- 20, 90-minute long practices (2x per week)
- 5k in Essex on June 3rd
- GOTR or Heart & Sole journal
- GOTR or Heart & Sole t-shirt
- GOTR or Heart & Sole cinch sack
- GOTR or Heart & Sole reusable water bottle
- Practice 5K experience and season completion certificate
- Culminating 5K Celebration and finisher's medal
If your child would like to participate and you would like a scholarship, please email Coach Hannah. We ask that families who request a scholarship contribute at least 50% of the registration cost ($57.50). We have a limited number of scholarships available.
As always, please ask questions; my door and inbox are always open!
March - April 2023
- 5th and 6th-grade dance, 3/10, from 3-5 PM. Admission is free; there will be snacks for a small cost.
- Summer programming registration closes on 3/10
- End of Trimester Two, 3/17
- No school Friday, March 24, 2023
- Girls on the Run Starts on March 27-June 3 (Grades 3-6)
- April Break is from the 24-28th
Grand Isle Game Changers
You can read more about the 2023/2024 Game Changers here and sign up your student if they are interested!