Must See and Feel ... Valjevo
by Jovan Milovanovic
The ground level of the building was used for administrative purposes while the basement was used as a jail, in which were imprisoned two Serbian dukes Ilija Birčanin and Aleksa Nenadović. afterwards, in 1804, they were executed couple hundred meters away form here. Muselim's konak is closely tied to the "First Serbian Uprising" which followed the execution of two dukes.
when Serbia finally got freed from Turkish empire, this building served as a school.
Nowadays, after some restauration, it is being used as a museum and the basement is its most interesting part.
The Temple of Lord's Resurrection
The Construction began in 1992. The temple was built in the Serbian-Byzantine style and it is 46 meters long, 26 meters wide and 47 meters high. In 2010 the construction of the temple itself and its exterior was completed, but the interior has yet to be finished.