Off and Running
We are off and running full speed into the second semester. This is an especially busy week with several evening opportunities. 5th & 6th Grade families are invited to join us for our MS Information Night on Tuesday. We also hope you will invite anyone interested in joining the TCA+A family to attend our TeSA Virtual Open House on Wednesday and FWAFA Virtual Open House on Thursday. Dr. Jackson and I will be hosting these evenings through Facebook Live, and each will feature video interviews, virtual tours, and a Live Q&A, where we will answer viewer questions in real time.
The item I am most excited to announce in this newsletter is our 2021 productions! We will have opportunities for our In-School and At-Home students to perform. Unlike our recent production, these will be fully-produced with professional scripts and music, costumes, lights, and sound. We are excited to give our students this opportunity!
Monday, January 18th is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, which is a school holiday for our students and staff. Please stay home, register for Cowtown if you haven't already, and watch for my next Monday Message to come out on Tuesday.
Artistically & Academically Yours,
Betsy Compton, M.A., M.A.T., M.Ed.
Texas School of the Arts
January 13 = TeSA Virtual Open House via Facebook Live
January 14 = FWAFA Open House via Facebook Live
January 18 = NO SCHOOL & Deadline for Cowtown Registration
January 20 = Free Dress for Paper (TeSA Fundraiser)
January 27 = Free Dress for Candy (PTO Fundraiser)
Welcome to the Jungle
K-1st In-School Students
Dear Edwina Jr.
2nd-6th In-School Students
K-6th At-Home Students
All three productions will be filmed and released in May. In order to keep our students safe, rehearsals will be held during class time, while practicing social distancing. K-1st students will NOT need to audition. 2nd-6th grade auditions will begin on Tuesday, January 19th during Fine Arts classes. Look for more information coming home with your student today and linked HERE. At-Home students will be receiving more information within the next month.
These awesome water bottle filler additions are courtesy of our fabulous PTO. Membership in the TeSA PTO is FREE! If you would like to join, please contact PTO President, Stephanie Ballew, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our sixth graders are starting a new adventure as newscasters! They will be producing morning announcements in a newscast style so that all of our At-Home Learners can tune in. Each day a new link will be added HERE. Be sure to bookmark the link so your child can watch daily.
- The Cowtown Calf Kids 5K will be a private run, hosted at TESA!
- For ONLY $8, the first 150 students who register will receive a race T-Shirt, a BRAND NEW PAIR OF RUNNING SHOES, and a medal.
- The ABSOLUTE LAST DAY TO REGISTER IS MONDAY, JANUARY 18, 2021!
- When registering your student, you must join the “Texas School of the Arts Team”.
- All payments are made online only! Our ACCESS CODE IS GRANT.
- No payments will be accepted at school in the front office or by Coach Burkhalter.
- The event will take place on Friday, April 16, 2021 during your student’s PE class.
How to Register:
1. Go to the link for The 2021 School Team Run: https://raceroster.com/events/2021/34688/the-cowtown-school-team-registration-2021
2. Click “I have a access code” in the right column OR in the middle of the page, scroll down to the third choice “Kids Run (17 & Under) - Grant Student Access code only”
Under Access Code, type GRANT
3. AFTER you type Grant, a choice will appear that says “Kid’s Run 17 and under $8”—This is the choice for the discount/free shoes!!
4. Under Teams, select Texas School of the Arts
5. After you’ve completed your child’s registration, you should receive a confirmation email immediately! Please keep this for your records!
6. Please send Coach B an email after you register your student with your child’s grade, teacher, shoe size AND T-shirt size!
Open Enrollment begins THIS WEDNESDAY and runs through February 15th. We recognize that our parents are our best advocates! In just a few easy steps you can help us share the news and invite families to apply.
1.) Click Here
2.) See the post of the two adorable, giggly, little girls? Yeah? Hit the "Share" button.
3.) Select "Share to News Feed" and write about why YOU and your child love TeSA.
4.) Click "Post"
Mrs. Martin's love of teaching and her students really shows in her engaging online classes, in her creative ways of connecting with her virtual students, and her dedication to the in-person students as well. She embodies a love of fine arts and exemplifies the qualities that set TeSA apart from other schools. Thank you for all that you do!
If you'd like to give a shout out to someone at TeSA, please fill out our TeSA Applause Form.