Week of April 19th -May 3rd
Dr. Rath's Corner
Greetings Wildcat Families!
We are almost to the end of April with our Wildcats! We need your help families, please make sure your student(s) bring their iPad daily, fully charged, ask your students to remember to always wear their mask covering their nose and mouth and to stay focused on their learning everyday. We would like to thank UNMC and OPS for allowing us to pilot the Covid saliva testing. The pilot program has come to an end. Thank you to all the students who participated on a weekly basis. Lastly, thank you to all families that are helping out with our STEAM fundraiser. Students are doing an amazing job.
- We still cannot have any visitors in our school building due to Covid restrictions. Thank you for your support.
- Tuesday, April 27, will be the National Junior Honor Society Induction ceremony in Microsoft Teams beginning at 6 PM. A link will be sent out preceding the event to the students being inducted.
- Friday, April 30th 8th grade Health Care Academy or Zoo Academy programs deadline. Application process will close today and interviews will take place in early May.
- Tuesday, May 11, REMOTE LEARNING TODAY, no students report in-person due to Election Day and voting taking place in the building.
- Tuesday, May 11, (tentative date) will be our virtual honors night for all grades beginning at 6 PM. More information to follow.
- Wednesday, May 12, Heartland Food Distribution to our families at KSTM. Please stop by the back parking lot from 4-5:30 PM to pick up food items.
Have a great week,
Dr. Rath, Principal
Calling all seventh graders!
Link for seventh graders applying to the ZOO CAREER PROGRAM for grade 8 next year.
Link for current seventh graders to apply for the HEALTH CAREER Program for grade 8 next year.
Check Out Our Dojo Challenge!
STATE AND DISTRICT TESTING SCHEDULES
Students will test during their Math, ELA, and Science class blocks during the specified week.
*Schedules are subject to change.*
Spring sports have returned to KSTM!
Girls Soccer, Boys Soccer, and Boys/Girls Track season is up and running. Please make sure your student has the following items on file with the athletic office in order to participate:
1. Student must have no failing grades
2. An athletic physical dated AFTER May 1st, 2020 must be on file with the athletic office
More information to come about games/meets!
Awesome Office Visits with Dr. Rath
Way to go Astie!
She earned herself one of our Golden Ticket prizes during our STEAM fundraiser!
| || |
Mr. Caldwell hard at work promoting our STEAM fundraiser!
Please consider participating in our spring fundraiser to help support our school!
Health Career Academy
Prosthetic work with the UNL Engineering Ambassador Students
Our plants are coming along nicely
Garden Prep Time
Working on our Tomato sphere project.
Can you tell which seeds were in outer space?
Collecting data on the Tomato sphere project.
Heartland Food Night.
We love helping our families:-)
Proud of our science fair winners!
Our students are actively involved in science projects around the world!
Successful set up! We have our weather station up and running!
Thank you Mr. Galdamez and Mr. Wilson!
Thank you Ms. Taylor and her students for organizing our Autism Awareness Month
Check out Ms. Carver's Autism Awareness Door Decoration!
Check out Ms. Klein's Autism Awareness Door Decoration!
Check out Ms. Deleon's Autism Awareness Door Decoration!
Attention 8th Graders
See below for a summer work opportunity!
Attention ALL KSTM Students
See below for an opportunity to participate in the 25th Annual National Student Poetry Contest. You could win a $500 grand prize! They will also be doing random prize drawings from all submissions!
Book Blasters-Reading Club Tuesday & Thursdays, 3:30-5:30 PM firstname.lastname@example.org
Entomology Club Tuesdays 3:05-4:30 email@example.com
Math Club Wednesdays firstname.lastname@example.org
Mine Craft & Coding for Girls Wednesdays 3:25- 4:25 PM email@example.com
Mine Craft & Coding for Boys Wednesdays 3:25 -4:25 PM firstname.lastname@example.org
Dungeons and Dragons Club Wednesdays- 3:25-5:15 email@example.com
Environmental Skills Club Thursdays 3:15-5:15 firstname.lastname@example.org
Origami Club Tuesdays 3:25-4:15 email@example.com
Pride Club (virtual only) Fridays 3:30-4:30- firstname.lastname@example.org