The sixth planet closest to the the sun, and the second to largest planet in our solar system is made up of helium and hydrogen small amounts of Methane & Ammonia, and was also was named after the Greek Roman God of agriculture and the father of Zeus, Saturn.
Compared to Earth
Compared to Earth, Satrun's length of year is 29 years Earth years and 10.8 hour while spinning on its axis for 11 hours. Compare to Earth Saturn has 62 moons, 53 known moons and 9 more waiting to be confirmed(Atlas, Skoll, Kari, Pandora and Titan its largest moon) .
Unlike Earth, Saturn is 886 Million miles (1.4 Billion Kilometers) from the Sun and can reach temperatures up to -270 degrees Fahrenheit/-168 degrees Celsius.
Rings of Saturn
Saturns rings are mostly made up of ice with a little bit of rocky materials that can size up to be giant asteroids thousands of miles wide and small one that size up to a school bus and are classified in sections, E-Ring, G-ring, F-Ring, A-Ring, Cassini Division, B-Ring,C-Ring, and D-Ring, with Saturns strong gravity and help from inertia the rings stay in orbit around Saturn.
Did You Know
- You cannot stand on Saturn. It is not like Earth. Saturn is made mostly of gases. with a lot of helium. This is the same kind of gas that you put in balloons.
- Saturn could float in water because it is mostly made of gas. (Earth is made of rocks and stuff.)
- Its rings aren't solid to stand on they're made of dust, ice, rock
- Saturn rings are the only rings that can be viewed from Earth.
- a day on Saturn is 10 hours 14 minuets.
The Cassini Spacecraft picked up radio emissions from Saturn while flying by the Gas Giant.
The Eerie Sounds Of Saturn
Planet Songs for Kids/Solar System Songs for Children/Saturn Song for Kids