Aquatic and Motor Program
What is FitCatz?
The FitCatZ program is an aquatic and motor program offered for children with disabilities. The program is designed to help the participating children become efficient movers in a fun and safe environment. Each child in the program is assigned a trained clinician who will work one-on-one with the child for the six week, two-hour Aquatic and Motor program. FitCatZ is supported by The College of Charleston, School of Education, Health and Human Performance and is coordinated with The Medical University of South Carolina Wellness Center.
A child's program may include:
- Physical fitness activities to improve muscular strength, endurance and flexibility.
- Sensory motor activities.
- Fundamental motor patterns and sport skills.
- Body awareness and spatial orientation.
- Swimming and water safety skills.
Fall 2014 Program Schedule:
Time: 3:30-5:30 PM
Place: The Medical University of South Carolina Wellness Center
45 Courtenay Drive Charleston, SC 29425