East Lincoln High School Chorus & Theatre Newsletter
The Stage Notes Newsletter is published the first of every month and contains lots of information about both the Theatre Arts and Choral Music programs at East Lincoln High School. We want to try not only to get the word out about upcoming performances but also to keep our community up-to-date on what our students are doing and how they can partner with us to produce the highest quality programs.
If you have friends, family, or neighbors who would enjoy this monthly look into theatre and chorus, share with them our website, www.EastLincolnOnStage.org, and they can sign up to receive the newsletter at the bottom of any page.
Thanks for being a part of our performing arts community!
The Blumey Awards Update
We Have A Finalist!
Mark your calendars for this year's Blumey celebration presented by Wells Fargo airing on PBS Charlotte Tuesday, May 25th at 8pm.
50 Chairs in 29 Days
We have less than a month remaining to take advantage of our matching donor's generosity!
Our goal is to have the final 50 chairs sponsored by JUNE 1.
Thanks to this amazing generosity, $50 will sponsor 1 seat, and the original $100 will sponsor 2!
Each sponsored chair will have a customized plaque, designed by the sponsor, leaving a lasting legacy in our performance space.
Please consider helping us find sponsors for the remaining 50 chairs by June 1.
Peter and the Starcatcher is the perfect show for children of all ages. We have even added two special showings with our young audiences in mind. On Saturday, May 15 and 22 at 11 am, we will have enhanced performances for young audiences. These Saturday morning events are not limited to children but will have some "extras" with child audiences in mind.
Tickets can be purchased at EastLincolnOnStage.org. Admission is $10. Currently, all performances will be capped at 50. If state regulations change between now and then, we will adjust accordingly.
Brush up on your pirate skills and make sure to join us for what we know will be an audience favorite!
What makes the enhanced performances special?
- Enhanced performances have the same ticket prices.
- Enhanced performances have a special start time. - We know that our younger audience members often have trouble sitting through our regular performances that start in the evening. We also know that Sundays can be very challenging trying to coordinate the family and make it to a matinee. Our hope is that by starting our enhanced performances on Saturday at 11 am, that this time will work better for our younger audiences and their families, allowing them to better enjoy the experience.
- Enhanced performances have modified language. - While Peter and the Starcatcher is by no means a vulgar or violet show, there are some language elements that will be modified to meet the needs of our youngest audience members. A regular performance might be considered to have a PG rating. Enhanced performances will be considered G-rated.
- Enhanced performances have audience participation. - Normally, audience members are limited to laughing, clapping, and crying during live performances. Our enhanced performances will give our audiences more opportunities to engage with the actors and the show. You may find yourself cheering on the hero, helping create sound effects, and who knows what else!
- Enhanced performances will have special photo opportunities. - Of course, you can always have your picture made with cast members from our shows, but enhanced performances will have some unique photo opportunities.
Whether you choose an enhanced performance or a regular showing, we look forward to seeing you for this hysterical pirate tale!
Who Will You Be This Summer?
For more information and to register your camper, visit EastLincolnOnStage.org/camp. Use coupon code EARLYBIRD to receive $25 off registration before June 1.
We can't wait to see you!
SPRING CHORAL CONCERT SCHEDULED
Mark your calendar today and plan to join us for an evening of musical treats!
"I WISH THERE WERE EAST LINCOLN LANYARDS!"
We Heard You, And They Are Here!
You can pick yours up by visiting the school between 7 AM and 4 PM, or at any of our concerts or productions.
We are so grateful to the local businesses and organizations who have already joined us as sponsors and advertisers for 2021. It is not too late to become a sponsor or add your business to our current list of advertisers. Check out the forms below for more information on becoming a supporter in 2021.
Did you know that one piece of music for a choir of 20 costs $55 making the total cost for a concert around $500?
Did you know that it costs around $2,000 for rights, royalties, and materials for a musical production? Those costs do not include costumes, sets, make-up, special effects, or musicians. Straight plays are a bit cheaper, but still, have some of the same monetary needs.
While expensive, these productions are amazing and wonderful laboratory settings for students to act, create, and collaborate all while learning a plethora of skills that will serve them both in the arts and in their future academic and professional endeavors.
That's where YOU come in! Sponsors and advertisers FOUR CHORAL CONCERTS, FOUR MAINSTAGE PRODUCTIONS, TWO CLASS PRODUCTIONS, and a partridge in a pear tree (well, not really!)
If you have any questions about our programs, the levels of partnership, or how the funds are used, please contact Mr. Franklin.
We look forward to seeing your businesses and organizations in our 2021 playbills!
Are You Interested In Lending A HAND?
If you are interested in getting more information about how your time and talents can make big impacts, reach out to our president at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will keep you in the loop!
A Little Help From Our Friends...
Make A Donation
Most Pressing Needs
Paint Brushes (all shapes and sizes)
Paint supplies are a continuing need.
Paint supplies are a continuing need.
Black paint is a continual need for touching up walls, floors, and set pieces. We use interior-flat.
Amazon Gift Cards
We regularly purchase props and costume pieces through Amazon.
Lowe's Gift Cards
We are regularly purchasing building materials, paint, and other items as we construct sets for various productions.
Walmart Gift Cards
Walmart is our go-to for last minute needs. Whether tomatoes for Steel Magnolias or velcro to hang fabric for Leaving Iowa, Walmart is our safety net.