Special dates to remember!
- Please return your child's report card if you haven't done so.
- Book orders are due Feb. 22nd. You can place an order online or turn the paper flyer into me.
- Our class picture taken on Feb. 24th.
- Spring pictures will be taken march 2nd.
- March 14th is our Open House and music program. it will begin promptly at 6:30.
- Our last Paine Primary book fair will be the week of March 7th. Family shopping nights will be the 8th and 10th starting at 3:30.
Math skills for the week:
- Core subtraction fluency review
- Word problems/Math journal
- 10 more/10 less/ 1 less/1 more
- Count by tens with coins
- Add and subtract tens within 40
- Quick tens and ones
State Standards (1.NBT.A.1, 1.NBT.B.2, 1.NBT.C.4, 1.OA.A.1)
Reading skills for the week:
Phonics/Letter Sounds: Letter sounds long /I/ spelled i_e, igh, ie, and y. We will use a variety of story maps that focus on main idea and sequencing.
Sight Words: become, busy, eyes, high, listen, talk, visitor
Robust Vocabulary: pleased, joy, stammered, puzzling, probing, unrelenting
Story Town: "Mystery of the Night Song", "What is in the Hedge", and "Make Some Music"
Spelling Words: fine, write, quite, night, might, sight, fly, cry, pie, lie
State Standards: (RL.1.6, RL.1.10, RI.1.1, RI.1.4, W.1.7, W.1.8, SL.1.1)
Valentine's Day party
We had so much fun opening and reading our valentines!
Riley Payne won the jar of candy hearts! She guessed 209. The jar had a total of 312 candy hearts. Great guess Riley!
More Valentine Fun!
My sweet friends had lots of fun!