The Viking View - Families
Family Survey -Please Take the time to complete this
We currently have 35% of our families completing our Survey. Steele Lane Voices are important for our school community. We want to hear what you have to say.
Please take the survey before it closes by clicking this link: http://www.ytsurvey.org/santarosafamily21
Scholars of the Week
Andrew GudinoIsabell Cabalsi,Selena “Anastasia” Solis,Amara Yip Van Cleve,Emily Castro, Amiyah Samano- DeLeon, Erick Santacruz, Lazarus Pintor,Isabella Brunais,Jacob Miranda,Julian Lopez,Uriel Caballero-Gutierrez,Azria Tovar,Andres Elizarraraz Razo, Kamrin Karcher,Ernesto Ambriz Rojo,Francisco Rosas,Dulce Sandoval,Hector Crespo Solorio,Rishi Patel, Juan Carlos Diaz Bernal,Jayden Leon, Ana Lopez Santana,Gabriel Pintor and Jaqueline De La Cruz,Xiomara Cisneros & Alejandro Elizarraraz Razo
Student Work Below
From Ms. Gillespie's 6th Graders
From the School Counselor
Dear Steele Lane Families,
This week we’ll focus on another Tool, the Quiet/Safe Place Tool. When life gets stressful, each of us needs a place to feel safe—a place with some space between ourselves and what is happening around us. The Quiet/Safe Place, whether a real location or a place in the imagination, offers your child awareness that a Quiet/Safe Place is available.
This Tool is about learning to focus on a memory of our safe places, which triggers our body to relax. We ask children to locate both an actual physical place that feels good to them, and to create one in their imaginations that can be visited again and again. This memory serves as a comfort to reduce stress.
Here are some suggestions:
· Talk about your own Quiet/Safe Place, and ask your child about theirs.
· During times of stress, suggest that your child use the Quiet/Safe Place Tool.
· Go over a memory that your child can access easily when they are feeling stressed.
· If it has not been established yet, find a place at home that is a Quiet/Safe Place for your child to go to when they are feeling stressed.
By practicing this Tool at home, you are helping your child develop resiliency and healthy ways to cope with stress.
Elementary School Counselor, MS, PPS
We need students enrolling at Steele Lane!
Materials to pick-up
When you are on campus
As we welcome families/students to campus for our various material distribution, we'd like to remind you of a few health and safety protocols.
1. Please stay home if you or your student:
- exhibit COVID-19 symptoms (i.e. fever of 100.4°F or higher, cough, shortness of breath, new loss of taste or smell, etc.)
- tested positive for COVID-19, and are within the 10-day isolation period
- have had close contact (longer than 15 minutes) with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- live or cohabitate with a person who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19
- traveled outside of the state (specifically to high-risk areas) within the past 14 days
2. While on campus, please respect social distancing of 6 feet and wear a mask at all times. We recommend sanitizing your hands prior to and after the event.