Staff Update, 12/13/2019
Glows and Grows
Glows: So many great lessons this week. I was able to see science writing that had students responding to a webinar about app building In a third grade class, students were discussing how they would solve an area/perimeter problem. In a fifth grade class, the teacher was working on line plots and she really ensured that everyone was understanding the concept before moving on. Another class was working through and defending a pretty difficult math concept! What was common was teachers up and interacting with students and understanding what every child needed in each class.
Also, a huge thank you to the many teachers organizing winter event choirs/performances. Bravo!
Grows: As you transition into 2020 and the second half of the year, a few questions:
1. How are you using formative data? What systems does your grade level have for keeping track of learning for all students?
2. What is your instructional focus for your own classroom instruction? What do you want to improve on? Share with me =)
3. Do your students have regular opportunities to talk in planned academic conversations?
California School Climate Survey, Staff Version--Reminder
Our annual California School Climate Survey is out and available. While the survey is voluntary, we are aiming for 100% participation from all staff. Your time and thoughts on this confidential survey are greatly appreciated!! Link below:
District Student of the Month
GIRLS on the Run, Spring
12/13: Student of the Month Lunch
12/13: Annual Winter Event hosted by PTA, 5:00-8:00 PM, MPR
12/16: EPAC and SITE ADMIN PD 2-5
12/17: Staff meeting, grade level collaboration
12/19: MTSS Cohort Meeting
12/20: Mid Year Check in with CB and ML @ 9:45
12/23-1/3: NO School, Winter Break
Attendance, Student and Staff/Reminder!
If you are concerned about a student who is missing school, reach out to the family or to Karen and we will work on making a contact with a family to chat through whatever is going on. Sometimes, a postcard or good news referral for a student missing school goes a long way.
Remember, I track school wide attendance here! One of the best things we can do to find success for our students is to celebrate their presence and to make sure we are the ones leading them each day! Thanks for your commitment.
1. Please let me know if you have submitted a Donors Choose project. Send me the link and I will be sure to include it in my parent newsletter and on our Facebook page.
2. If the project includes furniture, it must be approved by our purchasing department. If you send me the specs ahead of time, I have no issue sending it to the appropriate staff for approval.
3. Send me any photos AFTER the arrival of the project and I will also include that in any parent newsletter/FB/IG post.