LCMS Weekly Newsletter
By Tami Gunset
Spring Break Food Boxes
It's that time again!
The LCMS Pirate Pantry is gearing up to help those in need. Please help the LCMS Pirate Pantry stock up for Spring Break Food Boxes. We are now collecting food items or monetary donations. The items chosen from the Amazon link (attached below) will be mailed directly to the school pantry. And, for your convenience, you can use the LCP Web Store for monetary donations to the Pirate Pantry. In the notes section, enter "Pirate Pantry" or "PP" so money can go to the correct account. Please click the link below.
THANK YOU FOR ANYTHING GIVEN IN HOPE TO HELP THESE FAMILIES/STUDENTS!
PIRATE PANTRY LINK:
LCP Web Store
For your convenience, you can use the LCP Web Store for monetary donations to the Pirate Pantry. In the notes section, enter "Pirate Pantry" or "PP" so money can go to the correct account. Please click the link below.
Miracle Pennies Campaign for Children’s Miracle Network
Regional Science Fair Participants
Epic Pride February Staff Member of the Month
Lubbock-Cooper Education Foundation
2020-2021 School and Federal Report Cards Now Available
Below are letters explaining how to access the LCHS School Report Card and Federal Report Cards for the current school year on the LCISD website.
Two Week Calendar of Events
Miracle for Pennies Campaign:
- Monday, February 28 - Hat Day - $1.00
- Tuesday, March 1 - Crazy Hair Day - $1.00
- Wednesday, March 2 - PJ/Blanket Day - $1.00 for each item
- Thursday, March 3 - Info on Miracle Pennies - "Why support"
- Friday, March 4 - Anything but a BACKPACK day for stuff - $1.00
Thursday, March 3 - Current 6th/7th Middle School Schedule Cards DUE
Thursday, March 3 - Boys Track @ Coronado HS Track (5pm)
Thursday, March 3 - Girls Track @ LCMS Track (5pm)
Wednesday, March 9 - Cheer Tryouts
Thursday, March 10 - Girls Track at Chapman Field (5:00pm)
Thursday, March 10 - Boys Track at LCMS Track (5:00pm)
Friday, March 11 - End of 3rd Nine Weeks Grading Period
Friday, March 11 - Cheer Try-Outs Posted on Webpage (4:30pm)
Attendance Reminders for LCMS:
- School begins at 8:15 AM.
- First bell rings at 8:10 AM.
- Tardy bell rings at 8:15 AM.
- Any arrivals after 8:40 AM are counted as an absence for 1st period.
- Any early check out by parent before 3:35 PM will be counted as an absence for 8th period.
- If your student is ill, please EMAIL in by 9:00 AM.
- After a student's seventh absence, a doctor’s note is required.
* Excused and Unexcused absences will count toward being able to exemption final exams for the Spring semester. S days do not count toward attendance when determining exemption criteria.
Please note, students will LOSE spring exam exemption status due to any of the following:
- The student has four or more tardies in the class the student wants to exempt
- The student has three or more absences in the class the student wants to exempt or one or more unexcused absence (U-U) in the class a student wants to exempt
Please take the time to fill out this form as we have so many awesome teachers.
Click her to view teacher's webpages. You can find school supplies list and other information.
Dress Code Policy
How to contact us.
Question about absences, please contact
806-863-7104 ext. 4014