Girl Scout Troop 2205
ENCAMPMENT is coming!
ENCAMPMENT Drop-Off & Pick-Up
Saturday, May 2nd, 2:30pm to Sunday, May 3rd, 4:30pm
97 Columbia Drive
1. MEET: We will meet at the Marina Parking area at 2:30 P.M to depart by 3:00 P.M. Given we have 18 girls coming, there is not enough parking at the playground to accommodate our group.
2. CARPOOL: Your daughter will join her chaperone for her assigned carpool. Due to limited time and safety in the parking lot, there will not be time for girls to run around the lot.
3. PROBLEMS: If you have any trouble on the day of, simply text me at 727-656-9438.
4. PICK-UP: We plan to leave camp Wildwood at 3:30 and hope to be back at the Marina between 4:30-5:00. We will send a group text to keep you aware of our arrival time.
DON'T FORGET YOUR SWAPS!
Swaps are still the perfect way for Girl Scouts to meet each other and promote friendship. Each one is a memory of a special event or Girl Scout Sister. This year, it will be a memory about ENCAMPMENT! Please check your email for instructions from Mary Alice so your daughter can complete her SWAPS. She will trade other girl Scouts for their SWAPS at Encampment.
Camp WILDWOOD Details
Theme: Mathletes & Athletes
Camp Wildwood in Wildwood is about 75 miles northeast of Tampa and 25 miles south of Ocala. Wildwood offers 589 acres of Florida land and the campgrounds include an array of activities and amenties, from swimming in a Junior Olympic sized pool to bicycling over to the Griffin Nature Center! Campers stay in cabins and dormitory style buildings. We will find out about our sleeping quarters at encampment.
Updated Camp List
UPDATES to the Camp List: Small Daypack, Whistle, Bug Spray, Raincoat, plastic bag (for wet clothes), & change of clothes.
Also...Sleeping bag, small plastic cup (no water bottles) with handle to clip to shorts, flashlight, one backpack for clothes, pillow, toiletries, bandana and hair ties, sneakers (only), sunscreen, SWAPS, and SWAPS Hat for pinning. NO electronics!
**Girls must have all items stored in their backpacks and be able to carry their other items in hand (pillow, sleeping bag, etc.). Leaders will not be able to assist 18 girls with carrying items.
***Girls will not shower at encampment. Plan to send some toiletry wipes if you feel that is necessary.
Girl Scout Values
Bridging Ceremony May 17th 3pm
Date: Mark your calendar for Sunday, May 17th at 3:00 P.M. to see your Brownie "Fly Up" and earn her wings to become a junior.
Place: Hyde Park United Methodist Church
Zip Lining BOOKED!
Kids Will Be Kids. The girls voted on going ZIP LINING as their award and FUN field trip for the year. Where did they get this from?? I love that they come up with these ideas!
We have booked Saturday, May 30th at 10 A.M. Please plan for the drive/carpool, which is an hour away in Bradenton. Visit the website at http://treeumph.com/courses/ for more information. Invitation to follow.
Children are natural climbers, and we hope to schedule a trip to TreeUmph the Zip Line Adventure Course in Bradenton. The course we want is especially designed for children ages 7 to 11. The course is compact, viewable from Base Camp and jam-packed with fun. There's a climbing wall, suspended bridges and nets. They can roll along cables in a flying wagon, seesaw in the trees and ZIP line back to Base Camp. The activities are at a minimal height and require minimal skills.
Celebration & Rewards Update
**We may include our celebration & rewards during our ZIP LINE Field trip if most girls can make it.
**OR, we will let the girls have a great time at the Roy Jenkins pool on Davis Islands. This is all tentative.
Please sign up to bring snacks and/or drinks to our troop events. Thank you!
Parents: Please click here to complete a Background Screening to participate in Field Trips & Meetings.
Mark your calendars
*Our monthly meetings are always held the 2nd Thursday of each month.
- May 2nd-May 3rd: Encampment
- May 14: Troop Meeting
- May 17th: Bridging/Fly Up Ceremony 3pm
- May 30: Zip Lining Field Trip 10A.M. in Bradenton
- May 30: Celebration & Rewards at Zip Line Field Trip
- June Tentative: Pool Party and Rewards Ceremony at Roy Jenkins Pool???