EPSD Staff Spotlights
Explore how we are #BetterTogether!
Craig Dewey: Classified Employee of the Quarter
Caprice Rushing: Certified Employee of the Quarter
Congratulations to Caprice Rushing! Caprice is our certified Employee of the Quarter! Caprice, who teaches Pre-K, truly cares about each of her students as a whole. They all have different needs and it can be overwhelming with her students reaching so many developmental milestones at different ages.
Caprice shows up everyday ready to work hard with one class and then repeats the same lessons with a brand new group of students. No matter how hard her morning was she puts forth all the energy of a new day when her afternoon students arrive to start her routine all over again. She’s not afraid to ask for help when needed and that shows she cares deeply for the students quality learning. Thank you Caprice, for creating an Excellent Educational Experience for Every Student, Every Day! #exceptionalstaff
Elevating Expectations for Learning!
Learning Target Review:
- Derived from standards
- Demonstrate varied level of Blooms
- Are written in student friendly language, with “I can…”
- Referred to multiple times throughout the lesson
- Measurable and concrete
- Are learning-centered, and they articulate what will be learned, not agendas or activities
- Include reading, writing, speaking, and listening (essential for emerging bilingual students)
- Refrain from words like “understand”, ”learn”, or ”know” in the learning target
We want to recognize Ravi Davis, Anastasia Sunday, and Jason Bradley for their outstanding targets!