P.S. 212Q Weekly Update
For the week of May 9 - 13, 2022
Everyone Grows at P.S. 212Q!
Our vision for all learners the principal, the staff, and most importantly our students is continuous growth and improvement.
We are focusing on Thinking Interdependently (see below) for the next few weeks to begin building the mindset required to be successful in life, school, work, and play.
Week 32 - May 9th -13th Multi-Cultural May-Traditional Attire
Big shout out to the PTA and Ms. Ettinger for providing treats, balloons, posters, and well wishes to our entire staff for Teacher Appreciation Week!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Events this week:
- Monday, May 9th - Grade 2 Chinese Dance. D30 CEC Meeting 6:30 pm (see below for Zoom link). School t-shirt orders due.
- Tuesday, May 10th - K-2 Dual Flamenco residency. Ukulele Grade 4.
- Wednesday, May 11th - Morning and after school programs for selected students. 3-5 Dual Flamenco residency.
- Thursday, May 12th - Morning and after school programs for selected students. Grade 2 Chinese Dance.
Friday, May 13th - 8:30 am Traditional Attire Day parade around school by grade. Dia del Nino celebration during recess periods. Plaza Playground 2:15-3:30 34th Avenue between 82 and 83 Streets (see below).
- Multi-Cultural May. We will have many events celebrating our identities: May 2-6 Flags of the world, May 9-13 Traditional Attire, parade on 5/13 8:30 am, 5/16-20 Traditional Foods, and 5/23-27 Traditional Music and Dance (more information to follow).
- May 13 Day of the Child - Parent volunteers from IDEA Committee will be hosting a day of fun for all students.
- May 18 - Evening virtual parent engagement (details to follow).
- May 30 - Memorial Day - School Closed
Laura Miniero, Principal
P.S. 212Q School Spirit Wear!
We hope to receive the t-shirts by June 1st.
Sorry for the short notice, we will also have more ordering options for September.
Call for Parent Volunteers for Día del Niño/Children’s Day
We invite PS 212Q parents to join the I.D.E.A. Committee in organizing (Día del Niño (Children’s Day) on May 13th. It’s a day to honor and celebrate our children who represent the hopes, dreams and future in our community. Many countries around the world also celebrate this holiday to commemorate the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and the importance of children, though the actual date of celebration may vary. The I.D.E.A. Committee is looking for parents to cheer on students as they enter the school that morning and help out at recess throughout the day. Please contact the committee to volunteer: PS212QIDEA@gmail.com
District 30 CEC Council Meeting - Monday, May 9 - 6:30 pm
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information
about joining the webinar.
Spanish Interpretation: Call +1 347-966-4114,
Conference ID: 664 014 614#
Eid Celebration - Thank you Ms. Ahmed, Ms. Picard, and Parent Volunteers
This was a very special morning for two-5th grade classes. Parent volunteers painted beautiful henna designs on students and teachers.
Brain Power Wellness Activity of the Week: Partner Side Stretch
Friday, May 13, "Play Plaza"
Families have access to many beautiful books, including multi-cultural books.
Does your child need a Remote Learning Device??
**Students can use daily at home to complete homework, access RAZ-Kids (English/Spanish), IXL Mathematics, Google Classroom, SORA reading library, BrainPop, Khan Academy so many resources available!
All students should have a DOE device, we will fill requests based upon available inventory and then request more from the DOE.
You will then receive an appointment to pick up the device.
Need Tech Support?
This form can be use if you are having any issues with DOE assigned iPads or Chromebooks. It can also be use if you need help with a password (IXL, RazKids, BrainPop and Learning.com).
***New 1/22 - The DOE has launched a new site for Tech Support: https://supporthub.schools.nyc/
IXL Extra Math Support at home for all students
- IXL Website:
1. Go to www.ixl.com/signin/pstwoonetwo
2. Enter username (Your teacher provides you with this information)
3. Enter password (Your teacher provides you with this information)