Big Top News
Ring Leader Tidbits
- Welcome back! I hope you all are excited to begin the new year with a refeshed sense of energy and enthusiasm!
- We appreciate everyone's flexibility this week, as we are working to get all the kinks in the schedule fixed, rosters updated, and supplies delivered.
- Just a few reminders to complete during this first week back:
1. Work together with your staff to create your class creed
2. Update the website with current information/contact information for parents
3. Review routines/procedures with students. Make sure to talk about lunch!
4. I need copies of grade level schedules (team leaders please send to me)
5. Please turn in your decorated frame to Laura. They're all looking GREAT!
- I will be going through the CARE team binders and looking at notes from last year. I will be scheduling our first CARE team meeting in the coming weeks, so that we can review some data and talk about our next steps.
- I will be sending out the schedule for when myself and/or Kathleen will attend your PLC times. Kathleen and I will also begin scheduling our TTESS beginning of the year conferences, which is where you will discuss your SLO's.
- We WILL have extended block next week. Please use this time to "data dig" on your students and complete the cumulative file forms. This time is intended for you to get to know your students and become familiar with their stories/data.
- An email went out to science teachers 3-5 about completing the science safety course. The information is listed here as well:
· Certificate of completion at end-of-course turn in to campus administrator
· Campus administrator will inform science coordinator of teachers who have completed training and credit will be given
TEA Science Safety Training for Elementary School:
Elementary Kinder – 2nd grade teachers teaching science: Will train for safety throughout the year as needed
- The IPad carts were delivered this week. As soon as Campus Techs can complete Airwatch enrollment they will be ready for use. The Dell laptop carts (grades 3-8) have a manufacturing delay involving the monitors. At this time delivery is scheduled for mid September. Thank you for your understanding and patience!
- Curriculum Parent Letters are uploaded into Curriculum Coordinator Canvas Courses and on the Curriculum Website. The Communications team is assisting with linking the letters to your campus sites. Letters will be updated on the last Friday of each grading period. Please communicate the availability of this resource with parents. We do not have to print the letters; parents just need to be aware of how to access them online.
- Dates for CLC's should have been shared with you all during inservice week. I have also added them to the Elkins outlook calendar. This year, they are combining social studies with the Reading CLC, so your assigned "subject area" for CLC's MAY have changed. I will send you your grade level list. I kept it the same as last year, but we did have to make some tweaks since social studies and science (other than 5th) will not have CLC meetings.
- Thanks for working hard to ensure we are utilizing the walkies. I know it's hard to remember (I'm the worst), but I think we will GREATLY appreciate having them. I can already tell that we will really utilize them during dismissal!
DATES TO REMEMBER
Extended blocks begin this week! August 27-31
Tuesday, August 28th:
- Fire Drill Today
Thursday, August 30th:
- Kori off campus (DLT)
Monday, September 3rd:
- Labor Day! No School
Thursday, September 6th:
- Kori off campus (principal LEAD)
Friday, September 7th:
- Granola with Grandparents (7:10-7:30)
Monday, September 10th:
- CLC: Reading 4th Grade (8:00 am)
- CLC: Reading 5th Grade ( 12:00 pm)
- Staff Meeting: 3:00 pm
Tuesday, September 18th:
- CLC: Writing 4th Grade (8:00 am)
- CLC: Librarians (12:30 pm)
Thursday, September 20th:
- Individual fall pictures
Friday, September 21st:
- Hearing/Vision Screening: Kg, 1st, 3rd, 5th