OAS PTA NEWSLETTER
Sunday, September 12, 2021
MEET THE PTA
The PTA is here to help. If you have needs (or know someone who does) or suggestions or questions please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here for you. We wish you and your student/s a happy, safe and enriching school year.
The OAS PTA Board 2021-2022
Co-Presidents: Courtney Byrne + Erin Dippold
Co-Vice Presidents: Jessica Kelly + Liz Rivera
Treasurer: Jennifer Semler
Recording Secretary: Catherine Venditti
Corresponding Secretary: Lexi Kiriakatis
Member at Large: Megan Scanielo
JOIN THE PTA!
Memberships can be purchased through our Memberhub link:
OR you can print & fill out the attached PDF form and drop it in our PTA lockbox outside the main OAS doors.
EVENT CHAIRS NEEDED!
1. Helping Hands Coordinator: This chairperson acts as a liaison to OAS families that need help in any way. Given that we have a number of OAS families impacted by Ida, this is a position we'd like to fill ASAP.
2. Picture Day Chair: We already have a main chairperson for 2021, but she will be stepping down after this year. We are looking for 1 or 2 people to help assist her this year, in the hopes that they take over the position for 2022. Picture day will be held on 9/24/21.
3. Reflections Art Program: Held in the fall, this chair will advertise and coordinate submissions of an annual PTA sponsored art competition
4. Scholastic Book Fair: Held in November, this chair will order materials, organize the schedule and advertise the Book Fair. Along with a team of volunteers they will set up & breakdown the fair and assist students in purchasing books.
5. Holiday Boutique: Held in December, this chair will purchase items to be included in the boutique, set up a classroom schedule, and advertise the sale. Along with a team of volunteers they will set up & clean up the sale.
Thank you to our Outdoor Beautification chair, Mary Ellen Thomas, for updating our butterfly garden with a new bench and new ground decorations!
MIDDLE SCHOOL LOCKER SHELF PICK UP
FALL MUM SALE
Mums will be delivered on Saturday, 9/25, to the Cranford address you provide. Please fill out the electronic form below and Venmo your total to @Steve-Rodriguez-38 with a comment 'Mum Sale' OR print out the attached pdf form and drop it off in the PTA lockbox outside the main OAS doors with cash/check by September 15th.
Volunteers are needed! If you can help organize & load up mums, or be a delivery driver, please make sure to check off the volunteer box on the form. Thank you!
ELEMENTARY YEARBOOK (GRADES 3-5 ONLY)
We need your photos! Please send your full-size (high/original resolution) back to school photos to OASyearbook2022@gmail.com with the event, student names, and class/teacher of the students pictured. It will help ensure that we are able to include as many students in the yearbook as possible.
You can save 10% by purchasing your yearbook before September 20th!Go to www.treering.com/validate
Enter Orange Avenue School’s passcode: 1014977906143535
See Flyer Below
MIDDLE SCHOOL YEARBOOK (GRADES 6-8 ONLY)
The Middle School yearbook is not run by the OAS PTA. However we will share the ordering information as it comes in. In the coming weeks, the student yearbook committee will begin working on this year's book. Any questions can be directed to the email below!
If you have any clear pictures of opening day, sport events, friend groups, etc.,
please email them to email@example.com. Include grade and names of students in the subject line.
September 16th: School Closed
September 23rd: Back to School Night Elementary School (Virtual) 6:30pm
September 24th: Picture Day
October 6th: Back to School Night Middle School (Virtual) 6:30pm
October 29th: Trunk or Treat – OAS/BAS combined event 6:30pm