A Workshop for Mentors of Beginning Teachers
9:30am - 12:00pm┃June 19th OR August 16th┃3:30pm - 5:00pm┃September 20th & October 19th
Day one of the training for mentors of new teachers will be in person at CESA 10. Participants can choose to attend either on June 19th or August 16th, 2023. On day one we will discuss the stages beginning teachers go through emotionally, how to build trust and relationships, and how to support new teachers in EE practices.
- Mentors will feel confident in building a trusting relationship with new teachers.
- Mentors will understand the stages new teachers go through and how to support through these stages.
- Mentors will be able to support new teachers in beginning of year EE practices.
Days two and three of the Mentor Training workshop will be virtual from 3:30pm - 5:00pm. On day two we will be discussing how to support beginning teachers through conversations and SLO work to increase student learning. On day three we will be discussing how to support new teachers through disillusionment and challenging student behaviors.
- Mentors will feel confident to support new teachers in writing powerful SLOs.
- Mentors will have resources for supporting new teachers through challenging student behaviors.
This workshop is offered exclusively to those districts participating in Universal School Improvement (LS1) Services including: Abbotsford, Bloomer, Chippewa Falls, Colby, Eau Claire, Flambeau, Gilman, Gilmanton, Granton, Greenwood, Ladysmith, Lake Holcombe, Loyal, Mondovi, Neillsville, New Auburn, Owen-Withee, Spencer, and Thorp.