March 27, 2019
Jennifer Kolb- Campus Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sofieh Hopovac- Dean of Academics: email@example.com
Timothy Clark- Dean of Students: firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Gregory- Engagement Coordinator: email@example.com
Asha Bell- Testing Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kyla McDade- Special Education Coordinator: email@example.com
Tamara Yarborough- ESL Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.orgMilada Kazazic- GATE Coordinator & Teacher: email@example.com
Kim Chinchilla- Operations Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paula Gonzalez - Attendance Clerk: email@example.com
Friendly Safety Reminder
HSA Garland Administration would like to share a friendly reminder about student safety. Please know that in the case of bad weather, we will send updates on our website, Facebook page, and through school messenger to keep you apprised of the situation's impact on campus as soon as we know anything.
We will continue to do routinely scheduled drills for tornados/bad weather, fire, and lockdown situations. It is important to remember that we all work together to ensure that our campus is the safest place for our students to learn and grow. We encourage students and parents to always stay aware of surroundings, and report any suspicious or questionable activity to Principal Kolb or Mr. Clark immediately. We appreciate everyone working together to keep our school safe.
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS
Dress Code Reminders
1. Uniform shirts should be worn at all times. They must be tucked in. A long sleeve shirt that is plain black, blue, red, or white may be worn as an under shirt.
2. Navy blue, black , or khaki pants NO JOGGERS
3. Neutral colored belt (black, brown, navy, tan)
4. Shoes: sneakers or dark colored lace up shoes or loafers NO BOOTS
5. Harmony fleece jackets ( can be ordered in the front office until Oct. 19) or plain colored cardigans (white, navy, or red) ONLY can be worn in the classroom
**LIGHT JACKETS MAY BE WORN UNTIL THE FLEECE JACKETS COME IN - NO HOODS AND THEY MUST ZIP OR BUTTON IN THE FRONT
6. Spirit dress on Friday ONLY(jeans can only be worn with a spirit shirt OR college t-shirt).
Traffic Reminders and Updates
- Parents this is a friendly reminder to follow the traffic pattern and complete the circle around the high school. We understand that the lines are long but this is for the safety of all our students. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
- If you are interested in volunteering for drop off or pick up duty, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The doors do not open until 7:20 am. (please be aware that students are not being monitored if you drop them off before this time)
- At 4:15 students are moved to the front for late dismissal; please drive around to the front to pick them up.
- STARTING MONDAY OCT. 1ST STUDENTS WHO ARE NOT PICKED UP BY 5 PM WILL BE PLACED OUTSIDE THE BACK DOOR TO WAIT UNDER THE AWNING.
- If you need to make arrangements for your child to stay later, Zenith Learning After School Program is available. Call 713-988-9600 or go to www.zenithlearning.org to register your child.
Page 11 Section M in the Student Handbook
- Parents, guardians and/or designee may bring in any food product that is store or restaurant bought (prepackaged or in a sealed container). Food cannot be “home-made”.
- The principal or other school designee shall have discretion on when to allow the consumption of the food products within the school day.
- Teachers are required to notify all parents prior to the approved celebration date in case of dietary restrictions.
- The food products cannot be consumed or provided to students before meal periods, during meal periods, or in areas where reimbursable meals are served and/or consumed.
-Parents, guardians or designee must notify the school administration in writing 5 school days in advance if they would like to bring in any food product for their child’s birthday celebration.