Warren Staff Weekly Update
Week of March 13- 17
I hope you had a restful and enjoyable weekend with your families. I so enjoyed watching the pencil video! You all are top notch humans.
Thank you for your dedication to our students and their families. Last week felt challenging for a lot of us. Thank you for your vulnerability, for reaching out, and working together. Together we can do hard things.
This week's think about:
- Small groups—Tier 2 and Tier 3 students
- Connection (phone call, video conference, letter, etc)
- Extra academic support (small groups, one-one, para support)
- Are students learning what we want them to learn?
- After we check for understanding, then what?
- How can we integrate last week's skills/standard into these week's lesson (review, extension activities, etc.)
Share our lesson plans
- Share lessons with families by Mon. @ 8:30 *how lessons are shared varies per grade level
- All teachers * specialists too add their weekly lessons under files (Warren Teams)
- Paras submit lessons to the grade level file
Professional Development (PIR / Renewal / Learning Academies) Guidance
In these new and unusual times we have modified and hopefully clarified professional development / PIR expectations during this closure.
Below are guidelines which hopefully answer your questions.
1. PIR needs to take place outside the regular instructional day. Remember PIR days are contractual, paid days beyond the regular instructional day. Generally, PIR should occur between 3:30 and 8:00 p.m. if possible.
2. Limitations on online courses have been waived during this closure.
3. ALL professional development activities need to be entered into MyLearningPlan prior to the event NOT after. Entering activities in MLP ensures you receive credit, the activity is recorded on your portfolio and OPI renewal certificates can be generated. Proposals will continue to go out for review every Friday morning.
4. All OPI Learning Hub courses have received approval but again each event needs to be entered into MyLearningPlan so you can receive credit.
5. When you complete a course or an activity you need to send the certificate or documentation confirming completion to Allison Balboni at firstname.lastname@example.org You can scan the document and email it to Allison or you can take a photo of the certificate and email it to Allison.
6. Renewal certificates will continue to be awarded as well as PIR credit. Certificates won’t be distributed until we are able to return to buildings.
7. If you started an activity but weren’t able to finish it you will be awarded credit for hours completed. If you were in a Learning Academy you will get further direction specific to your academy.
8. HS educators enrolled in Zero Period PLC for PIR need to continue to attend their PLCs. Make sure the facilitator (or secretary) records your attendance.
9. The Educational Technology Department will begin offering one-hour tech sessions that focus on the tools people are using as they teach remotely. The hour will include time for Q and A. The first session will be take place on April 7, 2020, from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. Topic: Assessments in TEAMS. Register on MyLearningPlan and you will receive an invitation to the session. As always you will need to attend at least two one-hour sessions to received credit.
10. Thanks for all you are doing to support students!!
Grab and Go Lunches
Deliveries will take place 3 days per week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Monday will include Monday and Tuesday’s breakfast and lunch meals.
- Wednesday will include Wednesday and Thursday’s breakfast and lunch meals.
- Friday will include Friday, Saturday and Sunday’s breakfast and lunch meals.
Below are the locations and times when meals may be picked up.
- Bryant Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 11:45 - 1:00
- Broadwater Monday, Wednesday and Friday from10:00 - 11:15
- Central Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 1:15 - 2:00
- 4 Georgians Monday, Wednesday and Friday from10:00 - 11:15
- Warren Monday, Wednesday and Friday from11:45 - 1:00
- Dollar Tree Parking Lot Monday, Wednesday and Friday from10:00-11:15
- CVS (603 N Montana) Monday, Wednesday and Friday from11:45-1:00
Parents do not need to have their children with them to receive these meals.
These sites are still free to any child 1-18 years of age no matter where they are from or if they are school age.
Notes from May Butler
Report Cards- We will send report cards in PDF format on April 14, 2020. Teachers are to cc: Building principal and secretary.
Chromebook distribution will remain the same. Wednesday at 5pm is the deadline to request a Chromebook. Requests received by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday will be distributed Friday. If there is a large request on Monday, Pat will consider an early distribution, so students do not have to wait a week. Technology requests sent to Tia
Looking into getting more hotspots. Please remind families to check options with their own providers first. Most wireless providers are providing more GB for hotspot usage. Charter & Montana Internet are providing more connections.
Buildings and Playgrounds Off Limits
Please remind staff that buildings are off limits to everyone but maintenance and the principal.Additionally, all playgrounds are closed. We don’t have the resources to clean playground equipment, which may carry the virus for some time after use by anyone who may be infected.
- K-5 lesson plans
- Expectations/ Guidelines
- Updates info. regarding para support
- Technology Support