Pioneer Peak Elementary School
Home of the Mountaineers 9-14-2023
Order yearbooks now!
Early Bird Sale on Pioneer Peak Elementary Yearbooks!
With all the back-to-school chaos still whirling around, you may have yet to hear...It's an early bird sale on Pioneer Peak Elementary yearbooks!
Take 10% OFF the best moments of the school year!
We'll even package them up in a beautifully bound yearbook and deliver it.
Go ahead. Check it off your to-do list.
Updates for our community
- We need subs! We would love to have you join our team and sub when you are able to! If you are interested please email Josie or Complete the Sub Application with MSBSD.
- Playground Update:last year we spoke about improving our playground and adding another section. I have been in communication with two different playground companies, and we are starting the process with Leathers Associates! They have done a few playgrounds in the state including the beautiful Sutton Playground. If you would like to be on our “Steering Committee” for the new playground please contact Josie Schubert. More information will be coming soon!
As you can see, we have a lot of construction in our area. Thank you for your patience. If you have questions or concerns, please contact our front office staff.
AK Reads Act
You will see a parent letter about AK Reads on September 15th, please take the time to read this as it pertains to all students. We will be having a parent night to talk about AK Reads on October 12th, after our PTA Meeting at 4pm. If you have questions, please reach out to Josie Schubert. ( See attached letter below)
-Mrs. Josie Schubert
14th- Cross country practice until 5:15pm
- PTA Meeting @ 4pm
15th- K-2nd grade student store during lunch
19th- NO CROSS COUNTRY TODAY! Optional fundraiser meet at CHS (more info to come)
- Girl Scouts night 5:30-6:30pm
21st- Cross country practice until 5:15pm
22nd- Yearbook at 8:00am
- PTA Believe fundraiser begins
- Movie Night at 6:00pm
26th- Student Council meeting @ 8am
- Cross country practice until 5:15pm
27th- Cross country meet @ 3:00pm at PHS
28th- End of the year cross country celebration until 5:15pm
29th- 3rd-5th grade student store during lunch
Healthy Futures: September is winding down and those exercise calendars are due on Wed, Oct 4!! October calendars will go home with students this week!!
Students need to participate in 60 minutes of heart pumping activity, at least 15 times during the month!! If you need ideas on activities to do, go to www.playeveryday.alaska.gov . They are also counting recess time (30 minutes) and PE class (45 minutes) as part of the 60 minutes of activity, so make sure to write those down!
Once their log for each month is completed, turn it in to Mrs. Bishop, and the Healthy Futures program sends them a prize! Parents, you are encouraged to get healthy and active with your kids as well!!
PE Shoes: Please make sure your child has shoes that can secure on their feet with laces or Velcro. Slip on shoes are not safe for students to wear in the gym. As it gets colder, more students are wearing boots to school and do not have their own tennis shoes. The more they have to borrow, their “Behaviors that support learning” grade gets lowered as they are not prepared for class. Please ask your student what days they have PE so they can be prepared!
Upcoming “Active”-ities in the area:
- HAPPY RUN!!! Every Monday night at 6pm, the Active Soles shoe store in Palmer hosts a FREE fun run! If it is your first time, you need to sign a waiver for your family. After that, you can check in online and go! There is a different course each week to walk/run/bike. It always begins at Active Soles (Koslosky Building) and ends at the Palmer Ale House. (Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult). At 7 pm there are raffle prizes for finishers. This is a great way to get active as a family, and, it’s free! Check out the Active Soles page on Facebook for more information.
School Dismissal and Fast Lane
Here are the times for everything along with some rules.
2:50 is the cut off to enter end of day dismissals in SDM. (This had to be changed for the blue button to work on time)
3:00 is the cut off to pick up your student early.
3:35 the blue checkout button will appear in your SDM app and you may press it once you get to the check out area in our parking lot. You may also press the button as you’re walking up to the flag pole.
3:40 is when students will begin exiting the building to head to your car and flag pole.
Some rules with fast lane-
Please DO NOT CHECK IN until you are at the check in sign in our parking lot. Checking in early will cause more kids to be in the halls and take longer for us to get them out to you. Checking in at the sign will give your child plenty of time to get out to you!
You must have the app to use the car line. If you do not want the app you can park in the lot and walk to the flag pole for assistance.
Check your child’s default ASAP! If it’s not correct or is unassigned please call Katie to change it. If the bus is the default, but you are picking up, you must enter an exception before 2:50 so fast lane knows and your button will work. This is a must!
Teachers will make your child go home the way it is in the system every day!
Thank you again and happy 2nd day of school!!!!