Administrator Evaluation Trainings
LISD Professional Development Center
Framework for Teaching: Supporting Professional Learning
This supervisor/administrator performance evaluation training will provide participants with an understanding of Charlotte Danielson’s Framework for Teaching to enhance professional practice. Day one of the training will include structures and the vocabulary of the Framework as well as key ideas in the components and creation of classroom examples. Participants will learn the levels of performance and how each level is differentiated. On day two, participants will work on Observation Skills, using the Framework as a tool for collecting low-inference data. Participants will explore evidence statements vs. opinion statements, and will align evidence to components in the Framework for Teaching. Attendees will become familiar with Critical Attributes to assign a level of performance based on observation data.
- Understand the structure and the language of the Framework for Teaching
- Know the domains and components of the Framework for Teaching
- Identify the essential characteristics of each of the Framework’s levels of performance
- Generate examples of classroom practice
- Analyze a Collaborative Observation Cycle
- Distinguish between evidence and opinion
- Collect classroom-based evidence
- Align evidence to components
- Examine evidence against critical attributes
- Determine a level of performance
When? Where? Cost?
School ADvance Basic Training for Administrators
This two-day training event is for any administrator who will evaluate OR be evaluated using the School ADvance Administrator Evaluation System.
What Will Participants Gain?
- Introduction and overview of the School ADvance Administrator Evaluation System
- Introduction to the full and summary Principal and District Leader rubrics
- Matching the rubrics to job responsibilities and establishing priority performance areas
- Beginning to identify performance evidence
- Planning the evaluation cycle and formative and summative processes
- Establishing a base line self-assessment
- Collecting and documenting performance evidence
- Goal setting, growth plans, and performance conferencing
- Developing rater and inter-rater reliability
- Planning for implementation
- Accessing a Web-based refresher training modules for all users
When? Where? Cost?