September 29, 2022
pto general meeting
2pm Dismissals Next Week
Fall Fest is back! This traditional event is back after a two year hiatus due to COVID. We are looking forward to a fun day with/for our community. Save the date for November 4th and make plans to join us.
A few reminders:
- School will dismiss at 2pm on Friday, November 4th and aftercare will not be offered.
- All families must give a minimum of 2 service hours toward Fall Fest. You can donate items, help with planning/set up/clean up, volunteer a shift at a booth.
FAMILY SERVICE HOUR OPPORTUNITIES AT FALL FEST
- being a sponsor of a rental item (contact Laura Salzlein firstname.lastname@example.org for info).
- donating an item valued at $20 or more for our basket raffle.
- volunteering during the event. Sign Up NOW at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0d49aea728a0fb6-fall
Thank you for volunteering and be sure to log your hours in Renweb (see "Resource" section below).
DONATE ITEMS FOR THE BASKET RAFFLE
One of the most anticipated parts of Fall Fest each year is our Basket Raffle! With the generous gifts of families, our PTO puts together some amazing baskets that are raffled off on the day of the Fall Fest. You can purchase chances to win a basket for $1 a chance.
We invite all families to donate an item for our baskets. Please see the Amazon Wishlist by clicking on the link below. When you donate an item on the Wishlist, it will be shipped directly to the committee to be included in a basket. This is another way for families to earn service hours. For every $10 you spend on basket items, families earn 1 volunteer hour. Don't forget to log your volunteer hours on Renweb. Thanks in advance for your contribution to a basket.
Once again our supportive Vietnamese community is providing egg rolls for us to sell as a part of our Fall Fest. Egg rolls must be preordered by the dozen. The cost is $14 a dozen. Orders are being accepted in the school office. Order your egg rolls today; supplies are limited.
Box of Joy
We know many families look for an opportunity to show God's love at Christmas by giving to others. We are looking for families who would like to pack an additional Box of Joy as a gift from their family. In addition to packing a box, the cost is $9 for shipping, etc. Ideas to pack in the box include: doll, car/truck/boat, small plush animals, sunglasses, handheld toy, hair accessories, socks, drawstring bag, etc.
We have a limited number of boxes available for families who would like to participate. If you are interested, please email Mrs. Haas at email@example.com. You will then receive more specific instructions and a box to pack. Again, the cost per box is $9.
Please watch for much more information to be forthcoming on how you can participate in your class' Box of Joy.
It's Time to order Poinsettias!
great american teach in
During the week of November 14th, our school will be participating in the Great American Teach In. This annual event is held nationwide to celebrate American Education week . Members of the community are invited into the school to share information with students about their career or hobby. It is also an opportunity for students to see where education can take them. We are in need of volunteers to come and speak to our students in kindergarten through 8th grade. We are looking for the following career areas to share with students:
Health care (medical and dental)
If you are interested, please fill out the Google Form at Fill out in Google Forms . If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Insua at firstname.lastname@example.org or 863.293.3311.
gospel reading this sunday
A reading from the Gospel of Luke.
The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith."
The Lord replied,
"If you have faith the size of a mustard seed,
you would say to this mulberry tree,
'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it would obey you.
"Who among you would say to your servant
who has just come in from plowing or tending sheep in the field,
'Come here immediately and take your place at table'?
Would he not rather say to him,
'Prepare something for me to eat.
Put on your apron and wait on me while I eat and drink.
You may eat and drink when I am finished'?
Is he grateful to that servant because he did what was commanded?
So should it be with you.
When you have done all you have been commanded,
say, 'We are unprofitable servants;
we have done what we were obliged to do.'"
This section of the Eagle's Eye will remain in every edition of our newsletter. It will contain links to information that parents may need from time to time. When parents have questions, we urge you to check this section for possible links that could get you the information that you need.
- School Calendar: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/calendar-for-parents.pdf
- Parent-Student Handbook: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/St.-Joseph-Parent-Student-Handbook-2022-202-Repaired.pdf
- Menus: https://stjosephwhschool.nutrislice.com/
- Registering for a Lunch Account: https://www.payschoolscentral.com/
- PikMyKid User Guide: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/1-_Parent-App-User-Guide_English_2021.pdf
- Fingerprinting/Safe Environment Certification Instructions: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/SEC-with-Code.pdf
- Fingerprinting/Safe Environment Certification: https://www.orlandodiocese.org/safe-environment/english/
- Uniform Company: https://store.sirwalteruniforms.com/schools/st-josephs-winter-haven.html
- FACTS Family Portal Login: https://logins2.renweb.com/logins/ParentsWeb-Login.aspx
- FACTS Family Portal Instructions: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/FACTS_Family_Portal_Parent_Access_Instructions.pdf
- Logging Service Hours: Parents and students can now enter and view their own service hours. You can use your app to view the hours, however, you have to use the web version to enter new hours. go https://logins2.renweb.com/logins/parentsweb-login.aspx The district code is STJC-FL. Once logged in, click on the Family option in the menu on the left side. At the top of the screen, select the family member who will be adding the service hours. Click on the Add option on the right side of the screen in the Service Hours box. Fill out the information and click Save.
St. Joseph Prayer
St. Joseph Catholic School
Principal: Mrs. Haas
Assistant Principal: Mr. Reilly
Assistant Principal: Mrs. Insua
Canonical Administrator: Fr. Tim LaBo
Superintendent: Mr. Fortier