The Greenhouse Effect
Emma L. and Ashley
The suns rays come down onto Earth and get absorbed into the earths surface and some gets lets loose and goes back into the space and then the infrared radiation goes back out toward space but some gets trapped by the greenhouse gases which makes the earth warmer.
This video can help, if needed: http://epa.gov/climatestudents/basics/today/greenhouse-effect.html
What they do
- Carbon Dioxide- product of oxidation of carbon in organic matter.
- Methane- produced by anaerobic decay of organic material in landfills.
- Nitrous Oxide- produced by fertilizer use, animal waste management, fossil fuel combustion, and industrial activities.
Positive and Negative Effect
One negative effect is over time it can trap too much radiation and could cause the Earth to overheat. Another negative example of the greenhouse effect is that can lead to global warming, which can also lead to other bad things such as ice caps melting, pollution and deforestation.
Carbon Dioxide in the Atmosphere
- Global warming is the increase in the overall temperature of the Earths atmosphere. This is caused by infrared rays being trapped by the greenhouse gases.
- Some causes are increase levels of carbon dioxide, too many greenhouse gases, pollution and the burning of fossil fuels.
- We think that global warming is bad and could be prevented. Some thing are caused by nature but humans could stop the things that they do to cause global warming.