Week of April 25 - April 29 Vol.1 Edition 31
Cabell will be a premier 21st century school that caters to the needs of the whole child in a vigorous personalized learning environment.
Teacher Appreciation Week
You are awesome!
Teachers, we want to say thank you for your unwavering dedication and commitment to surely making our school a 21st century campus that caters to the needs of the whole child. I see you go above and beyond whether it be in tutoring, CAR, home visits, meeting with parents, afterschool or an extracurricular activity. You do whatever it takes. We are most grateful to you for all that you do.
A Joke and a Quote
As we ponder with awe your work with our students, we want to share this joke and quote with you from the book "Teachers. Jokes, Quotes and Anecdotes".
FATHER: "Tell me how school went today. How do you like it?"
BILLY: "It's hard to like a place that's haunted, dad."
FATHER: "Haunted! What are you talking about?"
BILLY: "It's the new teacher of mine...she keeps talking about the school spirit!"
Thank you for cultivating a warm student culture with social emotional learning everyday...And the quote...
A good teacher has been defined as one who makes himself/herself progressively unnecessary. - Thomas J. Carruthers
Again, thank you for building student agency making them more and more take ownership of their learning and setting them on their learner's path.
You are a Superhero!
This entire week were are celebrating our superhero heroes, YOU! Wear Jeans everyday this week with your superhero or Cabell Spirit shirts. Fly to room 114 during your lunch time everyday to fuel up on extra superhero powers. Scan picture below for more details.
Promotion, Retention, SSI and Summer Readiness Program
- NO PD/Staff Meeting, Mon 5/2
- SQR visit (PL Central Staff), Admin only, Mon 5/2
- MAP testing Window, 4/25-5/24
- Tutoring ends (we will send notice/reminders to parents), Mon 5/2
- SSI (5th Grade), 5/2,4,6
- CAR program (Final), Wed 5/4
- Cinco de Mayo Festival, Thurs. 5/5, 5:30 to 7:30 pm
- School Nurse Day, Friday 5/6
On the Horizon...
- During April & May, Construction - the abatement contractor will work after school hours, in the crawl space, installing a make safe area for the contractors to work.
- May 2nd-6th, Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 5th, Cinco de Mayo Celebrations @ Cabell
- May 13th, SLO Goal Accomplishment (teachers)
- May 20th, 5th Grade Dance
- May 20th, Career Day
- May 24-28, DI Globals, Knoxville, Tennessee
- May 27th, Field Day
- May 31st-June 1st, Awards Ceremony
Please make use of the Cabell Charger Communication document. It's a busy time of year and we want to make sure everyone is in tune with all the events, happening and due dates. You can use this document to include any important dates via comments.
Habits of Mind: Be at school and be on time.
This includes getting to class on time. By requiring students to be on time, we send the message that school and the classes are important. We help develop the students’ sense of responsibility, and we help break some students of the habit of making weak excuses.
our mission is to promote student success through a high quality education. For every child to succeed, we must hold students and ourselves to high expectations. Only the courageous pursuit of excellence will lead to success.