Your Weekly Update from Memorial Elementary School
Welcome Back Mustangs!
Dear Memorial Families and Caregivers,
I can’t believe that in just a few days, Memorial’s doors will be open for another year of great learning and fun! I have anxiously been waiting for your return. I hope you all had an amazing summer and I can’t wait to meet you. I am incredibly excited to begin my first year here as the new Principal at Memorial! This promises to be a year filled with opportunities for all of our students as we strive to find ways that we can be even better than we have before! We embark on this journey with a pledge to you, our students and parents, that this will be a year of engaging, meaningful and rigorous work in our classrooms, combined with special events and extracurricular activities, to encourage our students to be involved and stay connected!
During the 2022-2023 school year, we will continue to build upon and refine our proven foundation of good work, honored traditions, and continued excellence in education. Our staff of highly qualified professional educators and support personnel is committed to providing our students many opportunities both inside and outside of the classroom. We invite and encourage students and parents to work in partnership with us to seize opportunities in all facets of our school.
We look forward to a very positive and productive year together! We extend a special, yearlong invitation to our families to join us at school activities and events whenever possible. We want . . . we need . . . and we value your involvement and support in your child’s education! Your active participation is key to the success of your young Mustang Scholars during his/her elementary school years. Please know that we highly value home/school communication here at Memorial. It is vital and plays an integral role in each student’s success.
Again, we welcome you back to our wonderful learning community . . . a place alive with much energy, enthusiasm . . . and a high standard of excellence! It is, indeed, a place where opportunities abound! Here’s to an AWESOME new school year as we work together to make our school a great place to work and learn each day!
POINT OF PRIDE
Five Things You Need to Know
1 - The First Day of School is August 31, 2022
- Kindergarten students are divided into two groups for the first two days of school. Lunch will be served to our scholars on these days as well.
- Group A first day of school on 8/31 @9:15am. Students and parents will line up at the front entrance of the school and be greeted by their classroom teacher.
- Group B first day of school on 9/1 @ 9:15am. Students and parents will line up at the front entrance of the school and be greeted by their classroom teacher.
- Both groups will come together on 9/2 and follow the regular school day schedule.
- No bus transportation for Kindergarten students on Wednesday and Thursday.
Our Kindergarten teachers will be sending much more detailed information out to all their families during their 3-DAY countdown emails with videos.
2 - For the first day of school only, all students in grades 1-4 will report to designated areas upon arrival. Students will be allowed entry at 8:40. Teachers in those grades will be picking up their students from these designated spots and also spending time throughout the day going over routines and procedures moving forward. Please make note of the following:
- 1st and 2nd graders will report directly to the cafeteria
- 3rd and 4th graders will report directly to the gymnasium
We will be fully staffed to provide guidance and direction for all students who enter the building in order to get to their designated areas safely.
3 - REMEMBER TO log in to Pick Up Patrol (PUP) and DROP OFF MEDICATIONS TO NURSE!
Please remember to log in to Pick Up Patrol and create default plan for your children. You are not able to use a mobile device to accomplish this task. If you need support or have questions, please reach out to Cynthia Popp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to new and returning Memorial families! School Nurse Michelle LeBlanc, BSN, RN, NCSN , will be available to accept medications together with the required yearly paperwork - the parent consent form and the health care plan form - in the clinic at Memorial at these times next week:
Monday 8/29 8:30-10am
4 - Breakfast and Lunch are free to all students this school year.
If you are in need of financial assistance for any school activities, please reach out so that you are provided with the necessary paperwork to qualify.
5 - Mark Your Calendars (Parent/Teacher Curriculum Night)
There will be much more information to come on all of this but please make a calendar that our Curriculum night for Parents will be as follows:
- Wednesday, September 21, 2022- Grades K-2@ 6pm
- Thursday, September 22, 2022- Grades 3-4 @ 6pm
You will receive much more information over the next few weeks
The Memorial PTO is a parent and teacher run, non-profit organization committed to enhancing and enriching the education of our students and fostering a sense of community within our school. The PTO provides assistance to teachers within the classroom settings, raises funds for educational materials and experiences, advocates school and family social interaction, and provides an unbiased forum for sharing information on issues that impact our students. We believe in cultivating a positive learning environment to allow for students to achieve their highest potential. Please become an active participant in the PTO. Below is the link to their website:
or email them at:
- Title I: Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title II
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title VI
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964Title IX
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- MGL, Ch.76, Section 5: Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 76, Section 5
(508) 647-6590 | Absences: Use Pickup Patrol