Rocky River Elementary School
Parent & Family Newsletter, August/September 2021
Week one is in the books and what a week we had! We loved seeing all of our Roadrunner's smiling faces (even through their masks). Thank you to our families for your patience as we worked through some kinks this week with buses and a longer car rider line than normal. We hope that week two will be a little bit smoother and then things will get in a fairly regular routine. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our front office or administrative team with any questions or concerns that you have.
- If you are not yet connected to Class Dojo please reach out to your child's teacher to get the class connection code.
- We are looking for 2 parents to serve as a member of our School Improvement Team If you are interested in being a member of our SIT team please complete this form.
- If you have not viewed our welcome back video you can access it here. The slide deck can be found here and is translated in Spanish here.
If your child is a car rider please complete this form. A tag to be used in the car line will be sent home with your child following completion of the form.
Nominate one of our teachers for the FSI/Carolina Panthers Teacher of the Week here
Meal Benefit Information
Click on the button below to apply for free and reduced meal benefits. Approved applications may be eligible for the PEBT benefit as well as other discounts. Applications need to be completed every year. If you would like to complete the application on paper please reach out to our front office.
Scholastic Book Fair
August/September SEL Character Trait
Over the next month our Roadrunners will learn about responsibility and what it means to be responsible during morning meetings and throughout their day. Being responsible is also a part of our school wide PBIS (Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports) matrix.
Save the Date
- 8/31 - School Improvement Team Meeting 3:20
- 9/6- No school Labor Day holiday
- 9/17-9/24 - Scholastic book fair
- 9/23 - Curriculum night 6:00-7:30
- 9/27 - No school teacher workday
- 9/28 - School Improvement Team Meeting 3:20