By: Chloe Earl
Being bullied hurts so why do they do it?
- Some Bullies don't get a lot of attention at school, house etc. and they bully others to feel popular.
- Some bullies might be victims themselves
- They might be having a ruff time at home and they take out their anger on people at school.
- Also watching a lot of Action and Violent movies can make people start to bully.
The four different types of bullying
- Verbal Bullying: Teasing, calling names, and joking about their race, religion, gender. etc. Are all examples of Verbal Bullying. 46.5% of verbal bullying is done at schools.
- Physical Bullying: Physical contact that would hurt someone. Physical bulling can also be taking someones stuff.
- Indirect Bullying: Spreading rumors about someone, also excluding you from groups 18.5% of all bullying is indirect.
- Cyberbullying: This is bullying done online, whether it is someone making fun of you or sending pictures of someone to another person.
Facts about Bullying
- Over 3.2 million students are bullied each year.
- About 160,000 students skip school cause of bullying.
- 71 percent of students report incidents of bullying as a problem at their school.
- 1 out 10 students drop out of school because of bullying.