There are different signs that prove that a person has anorexia nervosa. Some are easier to sopt then others.
refusal to eat
· denial of hunger, even when starving
· difficulty concentrating
· obsession with body size and shape
· skipping meals
· making excuses for not eating
· eating only a few certain foods
· weighing food
· cooking elaborate meals for others but refusing to eat
- Low self-esteem, which may stem from unresolved experiences of neglect or abuse during childhood
- · Obsessive or compulsive personality traits, which make it easier to adhere to strict diets and resist hunger
- Perfectionism, when centered on the body leads to thought distortions such as "I'm never thin enough."
- · Low levels of serotonin, one of the brain chemicals involved in depression
How to help/treatment and who to talk to
How it is similar and different from other eating disorders
Bulimia is when a person eats and vomits their food out right after. When anorexia nervous is the refusal to eat anything.