Frankford Middle School Enews
Middle School West Cluster track meet
Wednesday, March 2nd, 3:45pm
5601 West Parker Road
One Act Play Competition
Saturday, Feb. 27th, 12pm
1401 Highedge Drive
The advanced theatre students will compete in One Act Play Competition on Saturday, February 27th at Vines High School, performing the literary classic, To Kill A Mockingbird. Frankford will perform at 12 noon that day.
Frankford school performances of To Kill A Mockingbird will be on Thursday, February 25th and Friday, February 26th, at 7:00pm.
Frankford Middle School
“Life Is Not A Dress Rehearsal” Rose Tremain
YEARBOOKS!! If you did not get to order a yearbook, you may still have a chance. Log into: jostens.com and click on Dallas then Frankford. I believe they have not closed the window yet.
PE and Athletics News
· Please remind your child to be locking their belongings in their PE locker each day during class. If they have forgotten their combination, they can get it from a coach.
· Dressing out for PE includes either blue or black shorts and a white or grey t-shirt. PE “uniforms” can be purchased from the PTA at www.frankfordpta.org. Please be sure to write your child’s name on their clothes in case they are misplaced.
· If you child has been sick or is unable to participate on a certain day, please send a note with them or an email to your child’s coach to let us know.
Frankford Middle School
Cheerleading opportunities for next year!!!
Any 7th graders interested in joining cheer for 8th grade: Packets are due to Coach Spaulding or Coach Nierman by Mar. 4. No late packets will be accepted.
Any eighth grader interested in trying out for Freshmen cheerleader at Shepton High School may now pick up a packet in the Frankford front office. This packet needs to be completed & returned NO later than 4:30 pm on Wednesday, March 23rd in the Shepton Student Center. An illness or family emergency is not an excuse for missing the deadline. Tryouts for cheerleader are on April 4th, 5th, 6th in the Shepton Small Gym and 7th and 8th at Jasper. Again, packets for cheerleading tryouts are due by 4:30 pm on Wednesday, March 23rd. Late packets or incomplete packets are not accepted, and any student who fails to turn in a packet by 4:30 pm on Wednesday, March 23rd will be ineligible for tryouts.
Art Show and Sale at Frankford Open House February 29th
Attention 6th grade Parents! AVID Information Talks to all Sixth Graders
January 29th, all sixth graders heard about AVID during their history class. Interested students were able to pick up an application at that time. Each History teacher has additional applications in their classroom.
In addition, applications can be found on the link on ENEWS, on our Frankford Website as well as in counselor's’ office.
The deadline to apply for 6th graders to apply for Frankford’s 7th grade AVID or 2016-2017 is Feb. 17.
7th and 8th graders who are interested in AVID at Frankford or Shepton.
Is your 7th or 8th grader not in AVID, but is interested in being in AVID next year? Frankford and Shepton will be choosing additional candidates to add to the current AVID classes. In order to be considered, your student must apply and turn in the complete application by the deadline.
If accepted into AVID, your child will be able to add AVID to their schedule for next year and make sure they are registered for one or more honors classes.
How To Apply:
1) Fill out Complete Application Packet
*Print Copy of this year’s grades for 1st,2nd,3rd and current sixth weeks.
2) Turn in your Application Packet to the counseling office by the deadlines:
6th graders deadline- Feb. 17th
7th and 8th graders deadline – March 18th
In this ENEWS, you will notice the AVID Application Letter for each grade, the AVID application and Written Interview. Information videos on AVID are on our website.
7th/8th grade AVID application-http://d3ssju1abnbtac.cloudfront.net/contributions/attachments/14757/original/7th8thAVID_ApplicationFrankford.pdf?1454532855
Shepton AVID application-
For more information on AVID and to Apply:
1) Click on the link below and view the AVID information letter.
2) Go to our Frankford Website http://k12.pisd.edu/frankford-middle-school
Choose Special Service link
Questions about AVID? Please contact:
Frankford AVID Coordinator, Karyn Wynne
I just wanted to remind everyone to register your attendance here for the Race To Nowhere screening this Monday if you plan on attending. If you previously registered for the 6:30pm, you do not need to register again to attend the 4:45pm.
There will be two screening times, 4:45pm and 6:30pm.
Please share this information with Shepton/Jasper staff and Shepton parents.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Mrs. Cai-Boxrz, M.SC
Shepton High School, PISD
5505 West Plano Pkwy.
Plano, TX 75093
(469) 752-7600 (main office)
(469) 752-7615 (counseling office)
(469) 752-7619 (voicemail)
(469) 752-7621 (fax)
Did you Know??????????????
Drug and Alcohol Prevention Information: Did you know that PISD has a Substance Abuse Prevention website? Here is the link, http://k12.pisd.edu/substance-abuse-prevention be sure to check out the videos linked on the home page and the excellent informational websites linked on the “Resources” page.
Drug and Alcohol Prevention Information
“Increasing Overdoses From Synthetic Cannabinoids (“Spice,” "K2,” etc.) in Several States.” Follow this link to learn more! http://www.drugabuse.gov/drugs-abuse/emerging-trends
Director of Family and Social Services
Plano Independent School District
PLANO ISD Bond Election Information
Suggested eNews or Website Verbiage:
On May 7, 2016, Plano ISD voters will decide on a $481 million bond proposal to fund initiatives recommended by the Plano ISD Facilities and Technology Task Force. Appointed in August, 2015 by the Plano ISD Board of Trustees, the task force included citizens, business leaders, teachers, principals and parents. The task force reviewed enrollment trends and projections, established construction and renovation needs, validated costs and sought input from fellow community members. After five months of study, debate and public input, the task force made final recommendations to school trustees which are included in this bond proposal. If approved, the bond initiative will provide funding toward eight major project areas with no increase to the tax rate and will impact all Plano ISD campuses through district-wide security updates, renovations and facility upgrades, as well as technology improvements. Find out more, including specific project allocations, at www.pisd.edu/2016bond. You may send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Bond Election (main page): www.pisd.edu/2016bond
· Bond Overview Flyer: http://www.pisd.edu/news/bond.programs/2016bond/documents/BondOverview.pdf
· Press Release (Spanish): http://www.pisd.edu/news/bond.programs/2016bond/documents/PressReleaseSpanish.pdf
· Frequently Asked Questions (English): http://www.pisd.edu/news/bond.programs/2016bond/FAQ.shtml
· Frequently Asked Questions (Spanish): http://www.pisd.edu/news/bond.programs/2016bond/documents/FAQ_Spanish.pdf
· Project List (English): http://www.pisd.edu/news/bond.programs/2016bond/documents/Proposed_Project_List.pdf
· Project List (Spanish): http://www.pisd.edu/news/bond.programs/2016bond/documents/Project_Summary_Spanish.pdf
· 2016 Bond Election Graphic (Inside.PISD): http://inside.pisd/communications/logos.letterhead.shtml#bond