Leestown Highlights 3.8.21
Your Leestown Middle School Weekly Newsletter
Checkout accessibility options for translation, font size, and high contrast. Scroll down to access:
Opciones de accesibilidad para la traduccion, tamaño de Fuente y alto contraste. Ver mas información a continuacion:
· Students cannot enter the building until 8:45am.
· Car riders that arrive before 8:45am must stay in the car until we have opened the doors at 8:45am. We must do this to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
· We have been approved for the YMCA early morning program, but this will not begin until March 15th.
· Only 6th graders return to In-Person on March 8th.
· Friday March 5th, we will show our back to school video on the morning news. We will also add this to our Leestown web page and Newsletter.
· March 1st was the deadline to change student status to in person or remote. All students now wanting needing a change, will have to be placed on a waiting list.
Welcome back, CHARGERS!!!!
We are so very excited to welcome our students back!! Our sixth graders will finally join us on Monday, March 8th. Seventh and Eighth graders return on Monday, March 15. We are counting down the days!!
To prepare your child for in-person return please be sure
- your student’s address is CORRECT in Infinite Campus (for bus route purposes).
- your child knows if they are a car rider or a bus rider for dismissal purposes.
- your child knows they will be wearing a mask at ALL TIMES during the school day, except when eating or drinking.
- to review the “car rider pick up procedures” prior to picking up your child on the first day of school.
- to review the supply list (see graphic below) and send your child to school with a fully prepared backpack.
- your child brings their FULLY CHARGED school-issued Chromebook to school on the first day. We are asking students to NOT bring their Chromebook charger.
- If there has been a CHANGE in your child’s “in-person” vs “remote” learner status, please let the grade level admin AND Elva Rangel know by March 1st.
STAY TUNED for COMING ATTRACTIONS! There will be some videos posted early this week for your enjoyment and information!
Important PTSA Events this Week:
- PapaJohns Pizza Day Wednesday, March 3
-"Back-to-School" sale on Spirit Wear
- 9 more days for families to sign up to get free STEM kits
More information in the PTSA section below
Class Schedule By Grade Level
Class schedule beginning March 8th for 6th, 7th, and 8th-grade students.
Saddlebred Class Schedule
Class schedule beginning March 8th for Saddlebred students by grade level.
YMCA Early Morning Program
As we get ready for a possible return to In Person learning, we hope to be able to provide the early morning YMCA drop off program again this year. In order to do this, the YMCA will need a specific number of families requesting this program. If you need these services, please select the link and complete ASAP so we can secure a time for In Person learning.
PAPAJOHNS PIZZA DAY THIS WEDNESDAY, MARCH 3: Order by phone, app or at papajohns.com using code "LEESTOWN" and 20% of your order will come back to support our school.
BACK-TO-SCHOOL SALE ON SPIRIT WEAR & SWAG: Sale starts tomorrow March 1. Prices reduced online. $1.00 off on Leestown t-shirts, sweatshirts and water bottles. $2.00 off tumblers. Get what you need for going back to school!! https://leestownmiddle.new.memberhub.store/store
FREE STEM KITS FOR YOUR FAMILY TO EXPLORE AT HOME!! (Only 9 more days to sign up.) STEM + Families Propelling Our World Grant: Thanks to a grant from National PTA and Huntington Ingalls Industries, your family can explore STEM at home through fun activities like building a cookie bridge and crafting a submarine! Register for a FREE activities kit by March 8th at: https://forms.gle/PHBhJQ42aVSgozGZA. Kits will be handed out March 22 - 24. Catch a virtual demonstration on Wednesday, March 24, 2021, at 6:30 p.m. After you do the activities, please complete a brief survey at pta.org/Survey for a chance to win a gift card! Email email@example.com with questions.
PTSA LEADERSHIP FOR 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR: If you are looking for a way to get involved in your child's school and want to know what is going on at Leestown, please ask us about available positions in the PTSA. We need Board members and Committee chairs for next school year. Contact President Janet Connors firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. If you want to get involved, there is always something to do in the PTSA!
JANUARY MEMBERSHIP MEETING notes are available if you missed the meeting. Email email@example.com with questions.
SUPPORT FOR PARENTS: How to keep the conversation going with teens https://ptaourchildren.org/conversation-tips-parents-teens/ National PTA podcast with tips for parents "Notes from the Backpack" https://www.pta.org/center-for-family-engagement/notes-from-the-backpack
SUPPORT OUR SCHOOL: select Leestown on Amazon Smile smile.amazon.com, Kroger Rewards https://www.kroger.com/account/enrollCommunityRewardsNow/, and the Digital Box Tops app. Thank you to those that dropped off paper Box Tops last week. Contact our Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
CONNECT: FaceBook @LeestownPtsaLexington, or email the President email@example.com Thank you for your support!
Charger Boys Basketball jumped back into action in a big way this past week, defeating both Morton and Winburn for both A and B teams. Additionally, we were able to recognize our 8th graders on Wednesday as they played one of their final home games at Leestown. Congratulations to these guys for persevering through these difficult times and making the best of their 8th grade season! We were able to reschedule the first week of games that were canceled due to weather. The season has been extended by one week to accommodate these two make up games. The February 10th game vs LTMS has been rescheduled to March 8th. The February 11th game has been rescheduled to March 11th. All home games are live streamed on our Leestown Athletics Facebook Page.
Charger Track will be having a zoom meeting on Friday, March 5 at 6:00PM for any parent of a student interested in running track this year. Click the link below at the scheduled time to find out more information. Our coaching staff this year will be Coach Ward, Coach Heinrich, and Coach Jesus. Each student will be required to have a hard copy of a sports physical on the day of tryouts, even if he/she has played a sport previously this year.
Join Track Zoom Meeting on 3/5/21 @ 6pm
We expect some decisions to be made on club sports soon. More on that in next week's edition. If you have any other questions, please contact Jill Pilcher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chargers on three...one, two, three!!! CHARGERS!
Chromebook Cases Available for $30
Tote Case with Carry Handle and Shoulder Strap Included. Available in black.
KeepZip Case. Slim design fits inside a backpack. Available in blue, maroon, and black.
The KeepZip Case includes carrying handles but does not include a shoulder strap.