Second Grade Newsletter
Mrs. Barita, Mrs. Carrasco, Mrs. Kulesza
Monday is "Day 3" for Encore
Lifework-October 26-30, 2015
- Monday: Read & log 10 minutes, Math paper
- Tuesday: Read & log 10 minutes, Spelling Words- Rainbow Style-3 colors
- Wednesday: Read & log 10 minutes, Spelling Words- ABC order
- Thursday: Read & log 10 minutes, Spelling Words-Write each word 3 times-test tomorrow
- Weekend: Read 10 minutes each night
Students will take the GEOMETRY math test on Thursday, October 29th. Students need to be able to identify the faces, edges, and vertices of a 3-D shape. They need to know the name of basic 2-D and 3-D shapes (square, cube, circle, sphere, etc.,) and be able to tell if an object has symmetry. IXL is a great study tool.
Spelling Word List 8-test 10/30/15
- 10/26-Advisory Council @ 6:00p.m.
- 10/30-End of grading period
- 10/31-Blue Jay 5K/Hero Mile
- 11/2-11/3-No School-Professional Development/Parent-Teacher Conferences
- 11/9-PTO Meeting @ 7:00p.m.
- 11/10-Bedtime Story Night @ 7:00p.m.
- 11/11-No School-Holiday
Impact Aid Form
Red Ribbon Week
Monday: Pledge Day
Tuesday: Shade out Drugs-wear sunglasses (with uniform)
Wednesday: Sock it to Drugs-wear crazy socks (with uniform)
Thursday: Team Day-Wear a sports jersey (uniform bottoms)
Friday: Red Day-wear head to toe red (no hair dye/face paint)
Save the Date!
What: Grade 1-2 music concert. This concert series will be in honor of our fallen PWC police officers.
When: November 19, 2015. Grade 1 begins singing at 7:00pm. Grade 2 begins at 7:30pm. Second graders should meet their teachers in the classroom between 6:50-7:00p.m. If you arrive early, students must stay with you in the dining hall until 6:50p.m. This is a special night and we encourage all family members to come. Siblings must stay with parents.
Attire: Students may wear their nicest school uniform or a fancy outfit-no play clothes! Please avoid high heels as they can be dangerous while on the chorus riser steps.
Songs: The concert songs are posted on the ES MUSIC schoolfusion web page. You are welcome to download these recordings for the children to practice at home.