Welcome Back to School!
It is difficult to believe that the start of another school year is here already! We want this to be the best year ever for you and your child! Here are some great ways to get the year started right!
- Join PTA! It’s a great way to get to know the teachers and families at Fairmount. It also helps provide fun activities and classroom supplies for our kids!
- Stay connected! Sign up for PowerSchool to keep on top of your student’s progress. Make sure to check for Wednesday folders and check your child’s planner!
- Get involved! Look through your child’s backpack each night! This is a great opportunity to talk to your child about the exciting things they learned that day.
- Be on time! It will be easier for your child to complete daily lessons, homework, and tests if he/she gets to school on time every day. Limit the time your child misses for family trips and activities. Contact the school immediately if your child will be absent.
These are just a few of the ways to make this the best school year ever for you and your child! As always, feel free to contact your child’s teacher at any time during the school year!
We are ready for another awesome year of reading at Fairmount! This year, students and parents will notice some big changes to our AR program. The library will be sending home detailed information about this year’s program soon. Students can still expect to work for nine-weeks rewards and end of the year medals and trophies. However, we are no longer using the Bronze, Silver, and Gold system. End of the year rewards will be based upon the number of total AR points a student has earned. Students may start taking AR quizzes and earning points right away. The first nine-weeks AR deadline will be Friday, October 6.
Families can help the library fund this year’s AR incentives by collecting Box Tops found on many items you probably already buy at the grocery store. Please ask your friends and family to collect Box Tops for Fairmount. They really add up! You may send Box Tops in to your child’s teacher at any time. We appreciate your help!
Our very successful Reading Buddies program is continuing! Last year our 25 volunteers worked with approximately 50 students in Kindergarten through Second Grade to enhance their reading skills.
If you are interested in volunteering your time to help our students become better readers, please contact Mr. Stevens, our guidance counselor, by calling the school or emailing.
PTA Open House
Fairmount PTA invites you to come join them for the 2017-2018 Open House on Tuesday, August 15th at 6 pm.
During the Open House, parents will have an opportunity to visit their child’s classroom and meet their child’s teachers. There will be 20 minute sessions to help parents with children in multiple grade levels visit all of their children’s teachers.
In addition to seeing classrooms and meeting teachers, a Hot Dog dinner will be provided. The cost of the dinner is $5 but with a paid PTA membership, it is free.
There are lots of exciting happenings with PTA this year!
- October – Fairmount Haunted Hallways
- December – Musical Program
- March – Talent Show
- April – Book fair / Art Show / Spring Fling
- May - Musical Performance
Make sure to join the PTA so you don’t miss any of the fun this year!
New Faces and New Places this Year!
* Ms. Lisa McClain is in 6th grade, Math.
* Ms. April Thomas is an interim in 6th grade, Math.
* Ms. Kara Brown is in 4th grade, ELA.
* Ms. Brianna Kite is in 4th grade, Science and Social Studies.
* Ms. Rachel Brown is in 2nd grade.
* Ms. Ashley Barbe is in 1st grade.
* Ms. Lisa Dingus is in Kindergarten.
Car Rider Pick-Up Directions
Please come towards the school using either Maryland Avenue or Carolina Avenue. The car riders will line up using Maple Street. From Maple Street, you will enter Virginia Avenue to access the car rider entrance to the school.
Please display your car rider tag through the entire pick-up process. If you do not have your tag, please pull into the parking lot and come to the office to check-out your student.