December 9 , 2019
" I like a teacher who gives me something to take home to think about besides homework.” – Lily Tomlin
KISD Assessment Dept.
NEW for 2019- 2020 The official hashtag of Keller ISD is... (drumroll please...) #CelebrateKISD!
Upcoming Common Assessments
State Assessment Sub Allotment
Please make sure you follow up with the individual who manages your budget to confirm that they have received this information.
Some of you will begin to administer Interim Assessments. We have created a few documents to help your teachers.
1- How to administer Interim Assessments
2- How to look up Interim Assessment scores in ETS
3- How to Create Reporting Rosters (Must be completed so that teachers can see data in ETS)
Please note that we will load the scores into AWARE on Thursdays. The benefit of teachers going into ETS is to see the test questions and answer choices.
Please feel free to share with teachers as needed.
High School Specifics - National Assessment Resources/ Released exams posted on our site
Dec. EOC Compliance crosscheck- Please complete the electronic crosscheck attached below by the end of the day Monday, Dec 9th.
Dec. EOC Compliance Crosscheck paper form- Please complete the form attached below and bring with you to Intake.
Dec. EOC -Please sign up for Intake on Friday, Dec 13 or Monday, Dec.16. Attached is the Intake signup and the Intake document you bring with you.
HS CTC Meeting Dec.17th has had a time change, we will start our meeting at 10:30 in the Lonestar room here at the Ed. Center. A revised calendar appt. was emailed.
PSAT Results Distribution Guidance https://drive.google.com/drive/my-drive
- PSAT Cohort - Communication w/ students and families will begin in Jan.
- These results will be available to students and parents online starting Dec.10th (Parent resources such a Spanish CB Site link posted on our Assessment Site.
- My college Access site has been unblocked for campus / student/ teacher use
- Hard copies of the PSAT exam results will be distributed to students on campus starting
- the week of January 7th .
- Unofficial National Merit Semi/ Finalist predictions (do not share with students) - Please complete information requested by Tuesday, December 17th: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PDfhcmDJSJduhxfh1xSAE9isW-8QPpW7ScyYyg4SGD0
PSAT MENTOR Training Feedback Still Needed: We have received KHS and CHS feedback, and one campus but did not indicate which one? TCHS, FRHS please take a look and if you have not completed this form please be sure and do so before you leave for break. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PNpjYvBq1X5YvhtTXvVVhwWIVUdkmDI6hzPNQ1k_1sI/edit#response=ACYDBNhES7g4jL7LLd1LujIDOd6FCRUC2kMmT1I6sPk_K5vk7YDz-Ov-S11k8wGFvGAFhA8
AP Potential Rosters ( Pool of Students) - Have been generated on CB website and place in your campus secure folder. Things to note about these rosters as Counselors,/Administrators review these names:
- A pool includes all students who have the minimum exam score associated with earning an AP exam score of 3,4,or 5 using a set pool percentage.
- The recommended pool level is 60% which is what was used to pull these rosters, if you would like them re-pulled using a different percentage please notify email@example.com and we will be happy to take care of this.
- Since our pool was set a 60%, these reports reflect students whose probability of receiving an AP exam score of 3,4, or 5 is anywhere between a 60%-100%.
Pearson ACT Accounts will be set up and you will receive an email to activate your account ebfore you leave for winter break, so please be on the look out for this email. If you do not receive one by the last day of work before the holiday, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
SAT 2020 Cohort Reports from CB, now available in your campus secure folder.
- National Assessmnets folder
- College Board Cohort Reports for CAMPUS folder
Please see ACT Training PPT, you will have work time during our Dec to finalize.
ACT-SAT Registration Open!
- KISD Assessment Site
- Timeline of Events
- Communication for parents/ students in English, Spanish and Vietnamese
ACT Manuals Uploaded to our assessment site, pls make sure you have the manuals and other resources available.
3 Year Grad Guidance/ Students needing an EOC Exam, Pls Read: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mjI9LsVZ-ww5MGJYbRDSCnemSTDGxQWI
National Recognition, please update spreadsheet as your campus receives notification via USPS mail: (Many dept. use this for publications, presentations...)
1. Feb 4 - finalist names mailed
2. Feb 11- finalist names mailed
TSI Account Users have been updated for another year. CTCs please login in and see that all who need a user account have one. If there is anyone missing, please email email@example.com to get this set up.