Week #33 - April 20, 2015
Dates to Note:
Tuesday, April 21: Tack Practice & Golf match @ Cobblestone
Wednesday, April 22: Golf Practice as normal
Thursday, April 23: Track Practice & Golf match @ Garrett
Friday, April 24:
- Book Fair ALL DAY in the Vic House library!
- Community Coffee with Megan (8:45 - 10:00)
Tuesday, April 28: Amphibian presentation for Toddlers & Primary
END OF THE YEAR TRIPS
April 30 - May 1: Lower Overnight to Camp Pot-oh-wat-o-mee (say it real fast)
Thursday, May 14: Toddler Trip to the Middle School, right?!
Monday, May 18: All of Primary to Salomon Farm (10:00-1:00)
Wednesday, May 20:
- Upper 2 to Pokagon (overnight)
- Kindergarteners to Black Pine 11:00-2:30
Friday, May 22: Middle School to SkyZone 12:00-3:00
Newsletter Articles & Pictures are DUE
to Sarah Shanton-Cox ASAP!
Earth Fest - here is the lowdown...
- VIC HOUSE - pull forward onto the grass at the Vic House just one spot in front of where you usually park
- LOWER - the basketball court will be used, so please park along the grass between the dumpsters & Green Farmhouse
- UPPER & MIDDLE - no major changes
I have the following things down for each classroom - please let me know if there are corrections!
- Infant Classroom - will be used for Toddler aftercare - unless the weather is perfect, then the classroom will be open for families to tour & aftercare will be outside
- Toddler Classrooms - open for families to tour
- Primary 1 - a few art projects for visitors to do
- Primary 2 - work on display
- Primary 3 - eat your way through a plant!
- Lower 1 - stop by & write a poem about the earth
- Lower 2 - interactive ocean display
- Lower 3 - work on display
- Upper - recycled art activity
- Middle School - self-guided farm tours & farm stand open
- Primary Aftercare - camp fire in the woods
Janet has organized the following folks to be set up behind the Vic House:
- Riverview Native Nursery
- Northeastern Indiana Beekeepers Association
- Master Gardeners
- Gene Stratton Porter Historic Site
- ACRES Land Trust
- Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center
- Stockbridge Audubon Society
- Bob Walton - Bat Rehabilitation
Bonnie has hooked the school up with a Scholastic Book Fair... this means that the purchases bought at the fair (or online between now and April 28) benefit the school!
The book fair will be open all day Friday for classrooms and parents to peruse.
Stop and grab some supper before you head home for the night! The Affine Food Truck will be parked on the basketball court near the Red Barn... they will have family friendly food choices at reasonable prices!
I have been asked to put her information in the Community Memos as well as the Newsletter - in case you are asked about it, I wanted you all to have a heads up.
This is for the 2015-16 school year. She plans to do all of the coordinating (figuring out who lives by who, or is it whom... and exchanging their info) over the summer. She will also have a sign-up at Earth Fest. Interested families can email her name, address, phone number, number of kids and ages to email@example.com.
Feel free to post this in your classroom newsletters too if you would like.
*DISCLAIMER: Oak Farm Carpooling will NOT look like this image, but it caught your attention, right?!
REPEAT: Free Lunch on May 8
Oak Farm Staff,
The parents of Oak Farm appreciate you all year long, but wanted to use the week of May 4-8 (Staff Appreciation Week) to let you know just how much. You will want to make sure you check your mailboxes that week for tokens of our appreciation. We will also be providing you with a boxed lunch on Friday, May 8 provided by one of our Oak Farm’s family's business - Snyder Food Services.
You will need to email me directly NO LATER THAN Friday, May 1 with your order so that we may have a boxed lunch for you. I will deliver your lunch between 11:00-11:30 on Friday, May 8. Below are your menu choices. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your selections.
Your boxed lunch will include a wrap, a side, chips, cookies, and a bottle of water (please indicate if you need a gluten free wrap).
ham, turkey, or roast beef
swiss, provolone, colby jack
Side choices (choose one)
potato salad, macaroni salad, fruit salad
plain or bbq